36 replies · 759 views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:37 / 37 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
37
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
SeaLion[250755]
· 4 likes · I have some of the highest busts, warehouses, mayors, and stealth viruses done. However, because I was a dumbshit and did a few hacks, drug crimes, pawn shops, and GTA 3 YEARS ago I am still ****ed. I’ve been doing …
Bug[1455582]Committee
· 3 likes · You need a bigger sample size, once you've done 2200 with no jailings then your experiences would be worth considering.
SeaLion[250755]
· 1 likes · I don’t recall ever losing mine though. For 3-4 years I’ve been on good behavior. Lol The damage I have suffered is from several years ago. Sure I’ve had the occasional forget to carry 75K fail but that’s a rare …
I looked for Crimes forum to post this in, but I didn't see one, so here it is:
I have always heard that hacking isn’t worth it and that it has a high failure rate, but that isn’t my experience at all. Each success usually yields 200k-400k (sometimes more, sometimes less) Does anyone else have experience with hacking? I know you can get jailed for them, but why have a high nerve if you’re not going to use it?
Things to note: - I currently have 22 success and 0 failure for FBI hacking. - I have - both hacking edus - +27% crime success from merits - +2% faction crime success/skill bonus - I recently hit 50nnb after doing mayor kidnaps for a while (and doing 8 of the 22 hackings) - 5 hackings ago i got the wireless dongle
Ok thanks for the feedback. I know 22 isn't enough to get "conclusive results". That's why I was asking about it before I hit a jailing haha. It seemed too good to be true. @Manticore, does getting jailed for hacking remove more crime exp than other jailing fails?
I’m currently at 4,469 hacking crimes at 35 NNB. I haven’t risen or dropped in nnb since I started. I hack the bank, not the fbi. FBI is a larger nb hit if you fail, assuming old info is still correct. I don’t regret it. Not the best at busting and I won’t be on a PA team any time soon but it’s good money if you don’t feel like flying.
It seriously takes forever to recoup the crime experience loss when you do fail. The money earned doesn’t make up for all the time lost recouping the lost experience. It’s like taking one step foward for every success and 25 steps back for the fail.
I have done over 1.1k hacking crimes total I had 50nnb when I began then it dropped to 45 when I stopped. the success rate of this crime is also based mainly on intel you have so it makes sense to have low nnb but high intel to have some success.
I got jailed a total of 110 times after starting and before ending this experiment and the jailing had some sort of pattern, with my full nerve bar (95) I used to get jailed on average 0.5 time a day.
But I don't really regret doing this I walked away with -5 nerve bar(which now I have got it back to where it was) and over 220m cash which helped me for my 1b in 1 month yearly goal(I did 1.5b)
I currently stick to arsons just so that I can get my shit sorted.
On the other hand nerve bars are largely meaningless since crimes 2.0 hasn't came out yet. The only advantage of having a higher nb is PA's which are going to be near impossible to attain for most people anyway.
From anything I've ever read the only thing that has mattered is your crime exp and (more recently) crime enhancers and crime boosting perks (eg. merit upgrades and faction / company job perks).