Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Unable to connect to the chat

Started by DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee on in Bugs & Issues.

108 replies · 836 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 109 / 109 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
109
Discussion span
→
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
55 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee

Hi

I've had hard times to send and receive chat messages today.

I would get "Unable to send the message, not connected to the server." in the chat, I didn't receive the messages and all bars (like energy) didn't remove it respective things after training/crimes, to fix it I have to reload and go to other parts of the game several times. This started after switching to Firefox today.
  • Browser: Firefox 61.0.2 (64-bit)
  • Relevant Extensions: TornPLUS + Tampermonkey (no chat scripts)
  • OS: Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134)
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee

And it happend again, was training in the gym and my energy bar didn't update and when I tried to chat the bar updated but I got the error message.

EDIT: I got a video of how my chats acts up, I can read the chat but not send message.

EDIT2: I just checked my webconsole and it show "Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at wss:XXX"
LDP [1580562]

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache? 

I also notice you have multiple tabs open, does this happen when you are using only 1 tab?
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee

Clearing browser cache seems to have fixed it, will post here again if it isn't.

EDIT: Still happens, will test if it only happens when I use multiple Torn tabs.
-John- [1691350]
Unable to send the message, not connected to the server.
Connecting to the server... Happening to me and atleast 1 other person in my faction