Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Does mugging = enemy?

Started by Hopslam [795412] on in General Discussion.

71 replies · 1.17k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 72 / 72 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
72
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

taktikz [7800] ×1 Jorgy411 [145507] ×1 DarthBob [2089855] ×1 Pez [2153605] ×1

Hopslam [795412]

Do people who mug you automatically become your game enemy?

And if so, what do you even do with or to an in game enemy?

Does the $ amount mugged matter?  What if the mug was $0, or under $1m, or over $5m over $20m, etc?

Do circumstances matter?  What if the mug was a random mug, or a stalked mug, or a competition event mug, or whatever the situation type mug whether known or unknown to you?
Gunsmith [2155255]

I see a mugging or attacking and leaving as impersonal and wouldn’t care to retaliate against it. Hospitalizations though would make me assume someone hates my ass, and if it was from a bounty then I’d really want revenge, not on the attacker but the one who listed the bounty. 
dunmugmeh [538353]

I ignore it most of the time. But i do use my blacklist :P

I wouldnt put a random mugger on my blacklist but a buy mugger always goes on.

Some players are on my blacklist for other reasons, i cant even remember why half of them are on there anymore they have been there for so long. Many of them are now inactive.
Nola [2103158]

I understand attacks are part of the game. If I get attacked and taken for a large amount of money, it's my fault for keeping that much in my wallet.
JS_REP [1033180]

Buy mugging, mugging is all part of the game so it’s all good.  Don’t hold lots of cash and be smart when selling expensive things on market.   
T-Stark [2086654]

I don't care much unless it's repeatedly happening in a short span of time. Typically I don't have much more than about 1m on hand at any time, so it's not a huge deal.

I use my enemies list almost exclusively for inactive chain targets, it makes getting good respect much easier.

I mean, even the people who ran rampant on our faction I don't consider enemies per se, just people who violently disagree about a few things. For the most part (Well, one of them) was really polite all things considered, so no anger there.
iribuya [2103695]

Buy-mugging is not against the rules, but kind of against the honor of players I think. I'll blacklist those players asap. 

Normal mugging are between 100-200k. I ignore them, because they probably don't come back. Higher muggers I send a congrats message and hit myself for in the head.

I've started exchanging sets for points so I don't have much in bazaar anyways. 
Alien [2052982]

For me everyone goes on (most of the time) except for attacks.

Mainly because I like to revisit my list to find the ones I passed in time, and can now beat. There has been a few. It makes my bone feel bigger.
BeerDrinker [2140025]

My personal thought process is, if you arn't going to be mug protected when selling in a bazaar, that's on you. If you get mugged in a trade, thats on the trader. 

(Bazaar is completely dictated by you. Trade had to go through several layers to finish)

I usually don't blacklist because it brings the buymuggers back to clear my stock out ^o^. Perks of level-holding.
Viracocha [1772040]

I get a fair amount of enemies from mugging.  If the mug is over 1 million, about half will add you to the list.

The other enemies are through the forums.  

Funny actually.
One_Classy_Lady [873821]

A mug is my own fault for leaving money out, or an attack is just that and I move on.  A hosp not from a bounty makes me go 'hmmm', I check their profile and let it go.  It is an attack game, it will happen.
Midknight [332505]

Anything that revolves around attacking in any form I never take personal. If someone attacks me often then I may add as an enemy to return the favor at a later date but that's about it.

Buy mugging is an income source for many and protecting your sale is an intricate part of the game many lazy players forget and take personal when caught with their pants down. Move on, learn and adapt. Tons of traders you don't even try buy mugging because you know it's a waste of E and time lol be one of those guys and you're fine.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

Only reason people will find a place on my enemies list is either being a level target or their presence is annoying me.

edit: it seems NPC's are also on my list lol
SporkMonkey [2065017]

I feel pity more than anything for anyone who serial mug me.

99% of the time, they get $0, and the other one percent is less than $50k.

It's your E, waste it how you want.
dunmugmeh [538353]

I think a lot of people mug not for the money but for the whining. Never send a mail/chat after getting mugged :P

There are some people who i mug and i dont often get much money from them, but i know they are fuming every time i do it :P
Lat [1187876]

My enemies has added maybe 10 in the last month whilst mugging around500m. Bounties received has gone up ALOT. If I get mugged for any amount over 300k I blame myself. Buy mug I’ll add them to my enemies.
JoeyDoughnuts77 [2108730]

nah, ill put a low bounty on a mugger for a single mug, but im never carrying enough for it to be worth their while so I rarely get hit twice by the same person.