Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Optimize Faction Trees selection method!

Started by TheoZ [1161882] on in Suggestions.

30 replies · 560 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
49 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

TheoZ [1161882]

hey there,

 

I am pretty confident that this thread shall get a lot of likes, since there is no Leader or Co who will disagree

 

I do suggest we can select via a single tick all the previous upgrades to the specific part of the tree..

 

To make it clear, I mean to give us the option to select ie nerve bar 35 boost from the criminality branch straight away (and all previous specials in same line ie nb+1+2+10+20 etc to be selected automatically.

 

Don't know how feasible it is but it will save us a lot of time (especially when servers are acting a bit leggy or so)

 

Thanks
KPCSlor [1557404]

Agree 100%

Staff please reset a faction tree and reset the specials.  You will find this takes way too much time and certain branches have 3-5 second lag per click which makes it even more miserable of a user experience.
Hopslam [795412]

I have no personal experience with this part of the game, but I believe the struggle is real from the posts and chats about it.

Seems like a good opportunity for improved player experience here.
Smokey123 [248901] Helper

Honestly, not required.

If a faction chooses to unset branches, the nodes on the next branch they select should be selected by the leader (or co whatever the system allows).

Having a set up for branches with nodes already set would require you to monitor your respect. What if, when you click to add your ready node set branch and you don't have enough respect for those 35 nodes.

Sorry, but you will just have to click the nodes manually as the system already is.
I don't see a point in making a system which is automated for such thing.
Smokey123 [248901] Helper

I re read what your first post said.

I understand what you mean, I thought you wanted a preset.

Say it costs total 50k respect for 10 nodes.
instead of going through 4k, 6k, 8k, 12k, 14k, ect... you want to just click the 10th node and it says the total resp needed to get there.

Okay, that is fair enough. I like that suggestion.