Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

#TORNDIDTHIS 2018

Started by Hopslam [795412] on in Community Events.

71 replies · 15.2k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 72 / 72 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
72
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
48 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
88 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Hopslam [795412]

TORNDIDTHIS is a new event inspired by the winning 2018 Mr Torn competition entry where Torn may have been indirectly responsible for a broken door. I jokingly "blamed" Torn for the damage to my house, but what is there in your life which is broken because of this game?

Did something around your house go a little bit on fire due to your frustrations over a buymugging? Is your love life temporarily in ruins thanks to an all night chain? Or maybe your Torn wife turned out to be a guy and now you're locked up in a mental institution. Whatever it is that's broken, we want to hear all about your unfortunate circumstances.

To enter this competition, simply take a photo which depicts something in your life that was broken because of Torn. Whether it's a physical object or your emotional spirit, a real story or something you broke just to win a prize, it really doesn't matter. You have a broken bottle next to your laptop, #TORNDIDTHIS. You have a slice of pizza stuck to the wall next your computer desk thrown at the wall during elimination, #TORNDIDTHIS. You have a text message on your phone from your girl after she broke up with you, #TORNDIDTHIS.

Please read the rules below for entry! Thanks and get your creativity on! Or just break stuff.

[image: profileimages.torn.com] 

 

Rules:

(1) Your photo must include your name, 2018 and #TORNDIDTHIS on a piece of paper somewhere in the photo. It cannot be edited in afterwards.

(2) In addition to your photo, you must include a note about your picture describing how Torn did this. Limit your story to 100 words.

(3) You may submit as many entries as you want. No reserving posts.

(4) The deadline for this competition is Friday 14th September. Any posts after this deadline will not be eligible for the prize.

 

Obvious, but will state that entries must comply with Torn rules.

Staff will be moving this thread to the Community Events forum, so take note that ONLY entries are to be posted.

Winners are selected by Duke. Myself and the staff involved in running this thread have no choice in the winner.

 

Prizes:

1st place: Gold ribbon + honor bar + 1,000 points + special gift
2nd place: Silver ribbon + 500 points + special gift
3rd place: Bronze ribbon + 250 points + special gift

 

 
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

The hair on my arm has all grown back now but my right arm was bald in patches after Mr torn lol
G4nggr33n [2126730]

Thuis message is writen on my pc. Used to play on my phone. I took it with me too the toilet to play a little Torn. While there i got mugged, got  mad, put my phone on the tank. Finished up my business, got up and pushed the flush button net to my phone and the damned thing fals in the toilet. So no photo. #TORNDIDTHIS! 
-gUNz- [984073]

Torn FORCED me to go back to one of the beaches (link) we visited on our Big Island trip to take this pic with a funky lizard (who seems to be checkin' out folks rock stacking skills):

[image: profileimages.torn.com]

That beach was cool because the waves would come in and toss around these huge 2' rocks/boulders (out of frame to the left of my pic) and remind you of just how powerful the ocean is.  The bumping noises they made were really crazy.  If I can find the vid I'll post it somewhere if anyone wants to hear the sound,

And THEN the server BARFED as I was trying to upload the pic so I couldn't even enter (it was @ new day)!

#torndidthis

#blameharley

-=-=-=-

And of course Torn also twisted my arm to buy a dragon suit to be goofy for Leslie:

[image: img.photobucket.com]

Oh, and the link on my note: https://goo.gl/maps/aF1RB6j41qy 

#torndidthis

#anus

-=-=-=-

 

And many moons ago, Torn MADE me spend wayyyyyyyy too much time setting up props and shit for the previous Mr. Torn contest... when all people actually want to see is tits (and they MIGHT vote for their friends xD):

[image: img.photobucket.com]

#pictoofukinbusy

#torndidthis

#corporatelife

-=-=-=-

Back on the topic of this event...

I've been pretty frustrated about many things in Torn, but I haven't broken anything (yet).  I did get really annoyed at Everquest once and put a chair into a door than in turn put the door through a wall... but I wasn't >that< annoyed.  I was pissed and stood up to take a walk away from the computer before I did wanna break something.  I stood too fast and my legs hit the chair.  The chair was on wheels, and the house had really smooth vinyl tile floors so the chair rolled across the room and hit the door, slamming it into the wall, putting the handle through the wall.

#drywallrepairpro

Funny idea I had while typing this up earlier... We're actually in the middle of remodeling our kitchen (among other projects, lol)... So...

Torn has technically caused me to add MORE holes to the walls I've been patching:

[image: profileimages.torn.com]

#torndidthis

[:laughing:]
Xan [2037305]

Did this a while back now haven't repaired yet as redoing whole house. Image to big for Torn

Image here

Story

Well back when you could hold cash in bookie bets I used to store all my cash there on random bets, there was 5 hrs left before I needed to change bets so I thought I had enough time to fly Switz to rehab and come back to change it over. Soon as I land in Switz I get hospitalised so i try looking for a revive no one can do it so I start getting mad flipped out a little punched a little hole in my door (nothing like OPs) and kicked my wall (in picture) because its old house the plaster on the wall come off.  That was all my money now gone because I couldn't make it back to change bets.  Next day turns out I won the bet lol I was so pissed.

You have won the bet on the AfrNatCup - Mali v Egypt game! You bet $282,470,709 on Draw and won $875,659,197! Your check will be held in the bank for up to 24 hours. 2017/01/18
Ruu [2144624]

When I was on a call and doing a mission for Duke, I was attacking someone with his purple hammer and just as a coincidence, my friend took their hammer they brought with them for banging in nails to the wall and broke my laptop just because I was attacking someone :p

[image: profileimages.torn.com]
BackAlleyBob [1902179]

[image: s33.postimg.cc]

 

A broken door is nothing compared to a broken psyche.

 

I'm going to assume everyone knows what happened to me last November. For those not aware...let's just say I was mentally broken. Torn had nothing nice to say to me and the people of Torn helped break me even more.

By February...I had to go on these.

#TORNDIDTHIS2018

 
BlueWookie [1811443]

 

[image: i.imgur.com]

Broken code --> Broken dreams.

Chaining, training, missions, casino, it never ends! My code stays broken along with my sanity.

I could be so much better as a developer.


I blame TORN and not my procrastination problem or my short attention span.

Or the rubber duck for not showing me my bugs.
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee

[image: i.imgur.com]

It's not very original I know, but it's the truth. After many years of constant abuse Torn broke my expensive gaming mouse, my replacement mouse has only half as many buttons ;(