Yes, please try keeping citywatch closed for a little while to see if that prevents it from triggering. Has anyone had this rate limit without running Citywatch yet?
Rate Limiting
Started by G37ForLife [1700043] on in Bugs & Issues.
Posts archived: 38 / 38 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Yes, please try keeping citywatch closed for a little while to see if that prevents it from triggering. Has anyone had this rate limit without running Citywatch yet?
Actually I've just added a bypass for Citywatch while we figure this out. Please see if you get the issue again.
Still having the same issue soon as I use WiFi.
I am not running any scripts at all. Haven’t got loads of tabs open in fact haven’t done anything different from my normal game play ?
Did you turn off Citywatch? I've made some more adjustments.
I haven't got any rate limit today. Citywatch still off!
I have city watch on and I haven't encountered any rate limiting issues today. Just woke my comp up from sleep mode with watch on and no rate limit error so I guess the bypass is working out for now! (or at least for me)
I don't have CityWatch, don't have DocTorn enabled, and am still getting kicked for this issue with the same error message as posted above.
Just happened again. Playing on Chrome on a Chromebook. Not sure what the substitute for F5 is. Always happens when I'm in the competition pages.
Got a new IP ban now. I was looking through the faction checking profiles before it happened. Using the setup I mostly and successfully use for sript/extension, Citywatch, Tornstats script, Doctorn.
Still get API updates from Doctorn
Can you live without Doctorn for a couple of days and see if that helps?
We checked your account, and you have been hitting the 100 requests per minute API limit, 19 times (although we don't have logs of exactly when these occurred). I think the assessment is correct that you are hitting the API 120 times per minute occasionally.
Yes, but I have already gotten a IP ban when not using it. I was under the impression things went back to normal, so I turn everything on.
Can't there be a API block before IP block, if it's because of API I am blocked? It is very inconvenient for me when my IP gets blocked and I haven't had this problem before.
There is an API block. Whatever script you're using is then continuing to hit it after you've been blocked by the API, until reaching the rate limit which bans you for an hour. Next time you're rate limited, please immediately disable all scripts and check the API log in your preferences when you can get back on, that should shed some light.
[image: snag.gy]
Got a new block today, after the block I immediately got to my phone and print the screen. I am +2 hours from TCT.
I can confirm there's no other users on your IP. Let's try disabling all scripts and extensions. And see if you notice an improvement?
The script you're using could be attempting to hit the API with an incorrect key (or something else dodgy).
For the last 24 hours I have had everything that has to do with API turned off ext/script (that I know of). Can you see how many requests there have been? So I know if I have to continue to look
Have you had any more rate limits? If not, perhaps you can introduce the scripts back slowly, one by one, to determine which one is causing it?
From the logs, it appears people have started to figure out what's causing their rate limits and removed those causes.
Out of 426,507 logged-out area requests yesterday, only 812 were blocked.