33 replies · 560 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
34
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Snowball[1913313]
· 13 likes · A one day old player with the highest level beaten being a level 100 is impressive ;)
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 8 likes · When burning damage was applied, it showed the turn as a hit when it was a miss. It's being fixed and will be live on Tuesday I expect.
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 5 likes · It's already on my list, not a high priority right now.
The Bug: JohnRossEwing should not be able to hit Gullis, even with me in the group. I would also like to reiterate my request for better tables/graphs on the SPD vs DEX probabilities as they are currently very poor and uninformative for the low SPD ratio end.
Yes but can you imagine wading through the 50,000 lines of code to find it? I know I feel miffed having to read through 1,000 line one ata time despite me having an educated guess what the issue is.
I mean... He can run a search for critical hits if he's lucky if not that's a serious time sink. I'll concede it was a serious oversight leftover from before attacking 2.0 that should have been fixed.
I don't think it's because of the old crit-rolling. My guess is it was related to the burning effect, as I have never encountered this problem before, and now it's happened twice - both times related to flamethrower burning.
Jokes, yeah would be a pain but seeing as it's a new mechanic it should be still fresh in the minds of the devs so easier than coming back to it in 6 months.
But my point is that I think the effect itself may not be needed for the hit to work. To prove or disprove just use a different weapon instead of a flamethrower in the same situation. I'm not saying it definitely is or isn't ; we just never had an extreme case like this under scrutiny. If you want to test feel free to do so.
I'm just being realistic that I doubt that you pay close attention to when you are noob bashing.
If what I've heard is true (i.e. some crits just completely ignoring def and/or dex and dealing mega damage no matter what) that is surely tonnes worse?
I agree I should get the win. I have argued this extensively and been shut down.
I think you're missing the point of this thread - John swung with his hammer. He has no stats. He should NOT be able to hit Gullis, who has billions in total.
That won't get fixed, it took Proxima, a few others and myself hounding Ched to get it to not allow burn to kill. It does seem like it is the best trade off for Ched to "appease the masses".
I agree it isn't the best fix, but it prevents the bs of a brand new player being able to beat a level 100 due to the burn, and that is really the part that was bugging the hell out of me for the situation.
Fights would often be decided by 1 hit. For attacking, your defense was very effective it was almost something like 50 million def negated 50 million strength, but defending with the same defense vs strength it was like trying to stop a cannonball with paper.
That said, it was fun to see large numbers.... but it essentially had the approach of you had defense to keep noobs off you, but other than that you wanted speed, strength, and dexterity, and you would sometimes get a "last stand" sort of move and you would take out the attacker while you 'lost' the fight.
This perfect makes sense. The burning damage is for ALL players in attack. Because he hit that made a “roll” for the burn. I don’t think this is a bug or issue.
“The Bug: JohnRossEwing should not be able to hit Gullis, even with me in the group. I would also like to reiterate my request for better tables/graphs on the SPD vs DEX probabilities as they are currently very poor and uninformative for the low SPD ratio end.”
This wouldn’t matter for this. Gullis was zeroed when JohnRoss did his attack.