Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Little Progress?

Started by ForrestGump [993345] on in General Discussion.

30 replies · 670 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

ForrestGump [993345]

Have any of you guys gone back and looked at the Spring Newsletter from April 2018 (6 months ago)? If not I highly recommend it. The progress has been... lackluster IMO.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

Are you saying being slowly dripfed piss-easy honour bars and fairly wank item bonuses isn't enough content for you in this warring/crime game? 
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

melee bonuses? dream on pal we still got a decade of mouth-watering beta tests and false promises to come before that treat
Hopslam [795412]

I just got the last cheapest mofo Blowgun

You bought 1 x Blowgun from VOODOOcal's bazaar for a total of $2,000.

all the rest are over 200k now

cheers

Patch list

A list of all updates released between the dates of 09/10/2018 and 16/10/2018.

- Added Poison weapon bonus for all Blowguns
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

Yeah. Once it was set to be done, I can understand the need for it to get done, but it sucks that it's taking so goddamn long and nothing is moving along with crimes or warring. 

I knew we wouldn't see crimes or even raiding this year and it blows to be proven right. Meanwhile we get "achieve 100k stats" or "added poison aka shitty burning to a shit weapon" to keep us all 'satiated'.
four [254727]

I wish they would atleast add perks to higher accuracy items or increase the chance of using the special. With the shitty chance to actually land a perk in addition to the shitty accuracy, you could be using a useless item for like 8 turns before you burn or poison someone. A blowgun accuracy is less than 40 with a 25% chance to hit, useless. Make it 80% to land poison if accuracy is that bad
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

I like the idea it's rare, I dislike the fact it's so shit. Terrible damage for like what 7-8 turns or something? I've never actually reached the end. But it's just burning all over again. *eyeroll*
four [254727]

If it was less rare it would add a new dimension to fights, for now it just is a shitty novelty on useless weapons
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

I think a new dimension could be added by just improving the effect [:tongue:]  burning is good, and I guess has the desired affect, 40% is quite high (altho really, shouldn't a flamethrower always burn someone? [:confused:] )
Triplicant [2037705]

I would love if they added effects to the mace, perhaps something that added extra smashing damage to certain types of armor - like say, any of the medieval or chainmail armor?
Adrenalinas [1974447]

I remember that ched at one point promised set armor bonuses and it was too on soon mode :D

And adding new item should not difficult at all, if code structure is not messy (longest part would be to think balanced bonus and Photoshop img)
ForrestGump [993345]

Playing devils advocate here. But if there are 20,000 people playing this game, with record amounts of subscribers, Wouldnt that be all the more reason to have more developers and development within the game? 
Indubitably [2117849]

That's more money in the owners pocket, if people still play who cares logic.

Since I've began there hasn't been one update to the game other than making the stats page look worse... but I've only been here 166 days.

Elimination was a lot of fun though.
Taburisu [295365]

This reminds me. Where's the autumn Newsletter? Last year's was sent on early October and we're already halfway through the month.
ChillySpunc [1905415]

The initial stages of Crimes 2.0 are supposed to be released by the end of the year, if that doesn't happen I wonder if Ched will be apologising as he was pretty certain about it.

And as for the speed of updates, Ched has no need to work faster, record levels of donations and subscriptions and growing player base, in fact, he's probably doing better now with minimal updates than he ever has. 

I guess the more free lance devs from Ukraine he hires the slower things go.