Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Please remove my basket

Started by Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor on in Bugs & Issues.

79 replies · 1.22k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 80 / 80 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

shak [1592807]

For some reason people thought that not having a treat and getting tricked would not make you unhappy. Come on people it is kind of implied. If someone shits in ya letterbox ofc ya going to be pissed off. Most of you will have been around long enough to know new events are never what they seem so I suggest next time instead of thinking of free stuff opt out. 
iribuya [2103695]

Remove me too!

This is no fun at all! Losing 350 happy is painfull when  you still have low stats. http://prntscr.com/lcjqpi 

I have 1,200 friends and they all come to get some candy, I dont mind, but at least let me do massive revenge on them. If I trick or treat 2 people succesfully I get locked out for like 30 minutes after! This makes it pretty impossible to catch up or sleep peacefully.
http://prntscr.com/lcjrx8 Locked out after doing  10 people in a row, but not taking any  candy because they are traveling/hosp/or just gave away/empty WTF bullshit

http://prntscr.com/lcjs37 I had 9 treats, not sure if that counts as obese....

#takemybaskednowbeacusethiseventisbrokenatthemomemt
Hemorrhoid [1969864]

Perhaps next time this event comes make it so that if you throw the bag away youre no longer in the competition. 

By the time ched makes a decision the event will probably be over, or very close.. 

(Hopefully this event never comes again, cause it was a fail) 
Franky [1529693]

 Has anyone tried putting their basket in display or bazaar so that it's not on hand in your items list? I'd that even possible though? Something to check out, I guess
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

It was the first half hour, but was quickly removed.

As for op:

I honestly think people are over reacting, it's only 48 hours for Christ sake, and the newspaper clearly states that there would be negative effects if you get tricked. 

Torn is a game that lasts years, two days won't make, nor break your gameplay, just suck it up.
ENO [954364]

Can we at least have a trick back where when the basket is empty we can put some dog shit(or human if you're into scat)  in there and lower the other person's happy?
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Removing it from one person would mean developers manually having to remove them from everyone who requested :-)

The happiness loss has been reduced however which should make things a little easier for those who don't wish to participate.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

So apparently it's easier to change how it works than to just remove the, extremely unpopular, happy loss completely. That's nice to know.