Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Poker bad split

Started by carlJhonson [2128050] on in Bugs & Issues.

7 replies · 61 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100

Most-liked replies

carlJhonson [2128050]

Table ID 202111

Time: 00:25:00 (approx)

I was playing poker .... I had 4 and 7 with spades ....

After the flop there comes 7 7 and 3 i all in ... After the river the pot money was splited .. the opponent had 7 and 2 .. i had 7 and 4

So it's a bad split.. the opponent shouldnt get any Money
Dead [1357339]

Poker is a 5 card game. I don't know the complete board, but I know the other two cards are higher than a 4 it would have resulted in a split.

Example: Board is 7 7 3 A K

You and your opponent would both have 777AK, so the kicker doesn't play.
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

According to logs:

Board: 7, 7, 3, 5, 9

So you both had 7, 7, 7, 5, 9, kicker will not play in this case.
Pytherex [1925143]

Texas Hold'em uses the top 5 cards including the board to create the best hand possible for any player, and since both of you had lower kickers than what was present on the board, you used the board to fill that spot of kickers, so both of you had the three of a kind and filled the other 2 cards with the 5 and 9 on the board. So hence the pot was split. You should maybe look into the concept if you don't understand it bud.
flufffy [494285]

Dude learn the rules before you play for real money and make a fool of yourself and lose a lot.  

I mean I’d love to to play with for real cash, if you’re ever over in New Zealand, let me know.