Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Might be paranoia

Started by ExKioz [2122347] on in General Discussion.

15 replies · 318 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
21
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100
Hopslam [795412]

Just like that guy in dumb and dumber movie - 1 in a million - so you’re saying there’s a chance!!!

dont know the math, but no matter what math says, it happened regardless
Cazio [585240]

It happens, I OD'd twice in a row during the start of elimination the year before last.. Just bad luck.. [:sick:]
JustJanet [911066]

The first two Ecstasy I took resulted in overdose, and the first two Xanax resulted in overdose too.  Shit happens and you are allowed to get salty.. you just aren't allowed to stay salty.  (JustJanet's rule)
Kivou [2000607]

Doing several OD in a row happens quite often.

I'm tempted to think that the probability of ODing increases after an OD.

But overall it's a certified solid 3% (without perks).
Proph [2113912]

I've OD'd twice in 24hrs before (once on ecstasy after a 1000 stack and 5 E DVDs and then again on xanax). It's the luck of the draw but being in a faction with good toleration is better.  
Proph [2113912]

I'd say over half of my ODs have been this exact situation...I've shed many a tear and my window now has bars on it to catch my laptop when I chuck it out of it
PeeMcGee [2156272]

Quick math for this…

It looks like you took about 30 drugs during this time.

And lets assume each drug has a 2.5% chance of an overdose (pretty conservative).

The probability that one would have seen 4 or more overdose is then…

= 1 – P(0 OD) – P(1 OD) – P(2 OD) – P(3 OD)

= 1 – (0.975^30) – 30(0.975^29)(0.025) – 435(0.975^28)(0.025^2) – 4060(0.975^27)(0.025^3)

= 1 – 0.4679 – 0.3599 – 0.1338 – 0.0320

= 0.0064;   0.64%

Or about 1 in 157

So not too outrageous.