Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Music

Started by han_so1o [2170050] on in Hobbies & Interests.

31 replies · 179 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Mr-Anarchy [2156063] ×1

han_so1o [2170050]

ill start:

i play piano, saxophone, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, clarinet, mandolin, low whistle, vocals, ukulele, drums and tin whistle

i am learning violin
han_so1o [2170050]

nice, what kind of saxophone, i play mainly alto but have occasionally played baritone and tenor. i have never had access to a soprano
Samorost [1655145]

Im not talented enough to be any good at instruments, but I have attempted at learing guitar, piano, drums. I also have a harmonica somewhere that I used to jam on for fun. Would enjoy being able to play Saxophone
han_so1o [2170050]

saxophone is fairly easy to play, i learned it in 4 days. however i already knew clarinet which helps

i had a harmonica when i was really little. never was any good at it back then
han_so1o [2170050]

piano is good if you play by yourself alot (like me)

bass is good fun if you have some friends that can play music as well

both are good and reasonably easy to learn (bass especially if you know guitar)
Heigw [1962062]

If you know how you play guitar you know how to play bass.  Just Travis pick out a lick and keep going for the entire song.  And if you can play guitar you can learn piano a lot easier.  It's not the notes or fundamentals you need to learn for the piano, its getting both hands to work at the same time!  Drums can't help you with playing any of those unfortunately, but maybe they will help keeping time or rhythm!  I don't touch the bloody things!
Heigw [1962062]

Gah, you gotta stay away from tabs man!  Tabs won't help you get anywhere in music!  Sheet music should be learned as soon as you start learning your first instrument!
Judge_Doom [2140277]

Agreed, I learned sheet music first because the sax was the first instrument I played.  
EveryGoodBoyDoesFine and FACE all day lol. 
ChatGPT [1762864]

Just because you should learn sheet music doesn't mean tab needs to be avoided! Admittedly I only ever learnt sheet music for classical guitar, I would never see it anywhere in relation to anything other than classical or ensembles for guitar. Tab is really the way to go for rock/pop
TheBarrister [1937938]

Drums, was an instructor for a bit as well

Quite eclectic as well any thing from funk, samba,jazz all the way to metal some 5/8 7/8 fun stuff m/ 

Quite the spread of classical instruments in here, impressive...
DeTremelay [2140152]

I play synths. In a band with a few work mates but nothing too serious.

I listen to prog (Rush, Dream Theater, Yes), Heavy Metal (Iron Maiden, WASP), bad 80's (love it) and 70's electronic (Kraftwerk, Jarre). Basically anything except modern radio crap pop.