31 replies · 179 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Heigw[1962062]
· 2 likes · Gah, you gotta stay away from tabs man! Tabs won't help you get anywhere in music! Sheet music should be learned as soon as you start learning your first instrument!
Tfraser130[2159936]
· 1 likes · Guitar and drums planning to learn bass maybe learn piano instead
Im not talented enough to be any good at instruments, but I have attempted at learing guitar, piano, drums. I also have a harmonica somewhere that I used to jam on for fun. Would enjoy being able to play Saxophone
If you know how you play guitar you know how to play bass. Just Travis pick out a lick and keep going for the entire song. And if you can play guitar you can learn piano a lot easier. It's not the notes or fundamentals you need to learn for the piano, its getting both hands to work at the same time! Drums can't help you with playing any of those unfortunately, but maybe they will help keeping time or rhythm! I don't touch the bloody things!
Gah, you gotta stay away from tabs man! Tabs won't help you get anywhere in music! Sheet music should be learned as soon as you start learning your first instrument!
Just because you should learn sheet music doesn't mean tab needs to be avoided! Admittedly I only ever learnt sheet music for classical guitar, I would never see it anywhere in relation to anything other than classical or ensembles for guitar. Tab is really the way to go for rock/pop
I play synths. In a band with a few work mates but nothing too serious.
I listen to prog (Rush, Dream Theater, Yes), Heavy Metal (Iron Maiden, WASP), bad 80's (love it) and 70's electronic (Kraftwerk, Jarre). Basically anything except modern radio crap pop.