I'd say that sounds about right. But quite often it seems to be that it shows you how wrong you were. As opposed to providing new knowledge. There are a lot of beliefs out there, Many things people "believe" to be true.... From my experience it seems that anyone who believes something as truth runs the risk of being wrong :)
Mycology
Started by Rabbler [2128707] on in Hobbies & Interests.
Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I'd say that sounds about right. But quite often it seems to be that it shows you how wrong you were. As opposed to providing new knowledge. There are a lot of beliefs out there, Many things people "believe" to be true.... From my experience it seems that anyone who believes something as truth runs the risk of being wrong :)
Fear and loathing in Torn.
Love it.
We're your friends, We're not like the others :)
It's true for a time - drug trips can broaden your perspective. After a certain number of exposures to any hallucinogen you might find that it's time for a new experience. Martyr's comment on "reverence" is worth keeping in mind. People who use drugs every weekend for mindless partying sometimes fall down very deep holes and never come back. I always give my younger friends three bits of advice: 1. never take any drug unless someone you know well has taken it before; 2. if you're doing mushrooms or cacti get the hell out of your house. Nature is where you want to be - I have seen and felt entire forests breathing....; 3. If you feel sick to your stomach, walk it off.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
I had a rather large cluster of hen of the woods (maitake) spring up next to an old oak yesterday. I'll take a pic to share.
Are you east coast US? It's been raining and wet since summer ended here. I walked out yesterday in the woods and found a few different musshys. My buddy I was with said he found some chicken of the woods a few days earlier.
I'm on the Atlantic seaboard, yeah the rain has been good, hope to get some more chanterelles and hoping my cherry tree will produce some chicken of the woods.
This is the cluster I got off of the old oak in the yard:
[image: i.imgur.com]
Why do you microdose? I did it a few times (without knowing that there is a word for it) and it basically felt like a mini-trip. Even had a mini-peak. Just very weird. But no 'amazing results'.
I've never been a fan of microdosing. With LSD I'll take the amount I want the first dose. With mushrooms I usually always eat a 1/8 dry and enjoy it. I've gotten to where I'll grind the mushrooms up and put them in capsules though now. My body gotten a bad gag reflex through the years with mushrooms. It's like it knows it's getting ready to be poisoned and it just says "NO" if I try to eat them now.
Ttaking photos of mushrooms has been a kind of project for me in the last month. They’re crazy little things. My days of munching special ones are behind me but I do certainly still appreciate them.
[image: i.postimg.cc]
Fungi are amazing specimens and are unlike any other things on this planet.
https://www.zmescience.com/ecology/chernobyl-fungus-radiotrophic-08122011/
I haven't actually cultivated any yet, as i, nor my girlfriend, likes to eat mushrooms. But i am fascinated my the science behind it. When i first realized that what we call mushrooms is actually just the fruit of the mycelium, i started reading a lot about it. Now that i feel like i know all the basics, the interest has dropped slightly, but one day i will grow them myself, both thethe psychadel kind and those that isn't :D
B+ and Penis Envy are good spores to start with. The mycelium cakes are easy to make and you'll get good flushes with high yields with them.
I just got into this not too long ago. It is definitely a fun hobby. I like when they first start pinning. They look like little alien penises :D
wow, i didn't realize people grow mushroom as a hobby. nice !
I would like to give myself a try with cultivating. Maybe not cubensis.. Chamoignon sounds good.
Paul Stamets is the man! Mycology and immunology are Interesting cousins as well. I'm just over back surgery with nerve damage using high doses of niacin and lion's mane! Hell of a lot yet to discover!
Yes its almost morel season!