Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Introducing Torn Market

Started by nepherius [2009878] on in Graveyard.

61 replies · 2.72k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 62 / 62 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

nepherius [2009878]

It's fine, domain is paid for a year. If it doesn't get a lot of users I can just shut it down or just keep it for myself. I should be in trading by then :) 
Whis [1530096]

Useful tool for trading! API key really isn't that big of a deal since you can just reset it. 
Ragebladejax [1915831]

I can let you all know that this site doesn't take your personal info. He is using his own API to update prices and only the link to your profile is on the site. I am using it right now and it is very convenient.

also +R, i would recommend it to people
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee

I like this idea.

Some questions tho:
  • how much do the prices update?
  • is there an option for fixed prices, minimal and maximal values?
unown [2166500]

Alright so the API issue you are having can you set it up to traders use there api and customers who are viewing do not have to? 
unown [2166500]

Bug report when attempting to update items on the dash bored to fast within 5-10 seconds from each other you get price invalid forcing you to refresh the entire page  before you can change or add items to the dash bored

Request 

like adding a choice to have your items tracked with the market value or the top 5 or so average bazzar prices? This is due to the value of a item Normally will not representing what its exactly worth at that time

 
MagnusScott [2134293]

I think this is an awesome idea as anyone who has even looked at the in-game market will know that the what Torn "Values" an item is very different than what people are selling it for. 
nepherius [2009878]

So far I have not been able to reproduce this bug.

The market value should be quite close to the what people pay since it's based on sales. At the moment my key is used to update the market value, tracking bazar prices would take way too many API requests and I can't do that since I also use my key when developing new tools. The only option would be to use your own key and I'm quite sure most people would not like the idea of me actually storing they API key in my DB and using it.

Maybe once the website grows a bit, and players see that I have no evil plans for their keys, I'll implement some kind of optional bazar prices tracking but atm, if I'd suggest storing the api key, most would abandon the site.