Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

DELETED

Started by RED-RABBIT [2203961] on in Graveyard.

95 replies · 863 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 96 / 96 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
96
Discussion span
→
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Ekko_ [1621978]

But since women are absolutely equal to men in every way, why would they need any sort of encouragement that men do not also need? Seems pretty insulting to women to insinuate that they need some sort of hand-holding fraternity as if being a woman is a handicap. 
Josephine [1923258] Wiki Contributor

I mean, good luck, but I don't think gender matters?

Everything I have done in this game, being a top chainer, taking over my level HoF, 364 awards so far... Being female had nothing to do with that. 

Being good at the game has nothing to do with gender, and I would honestly want people to see I'm good at the game before they see I am female, because that matters more.

With that said, good luck in your endeavor. 
RED-RABBIT [2203961]

Thank you Josephine.  In this game Gender really doesnt matter.  But the main issue is getting women into this game and participating so they can see the equality available. I would love to have you come mentor some of these women.
RED-RABBIT [2203961]

Kelsie -  I think your statement summarizes the need to encourage females to play.  Albeit either as a man or a woman, we need more females to come see the equality this game provides.
Claire [1971751]

As Josephine said above,

I don't really see any reason why women Torn players need more motivation than male players. I don't think gender matters at all in this game. I think this would have made more sense if the aim was to encourage all Torn players not just women. There are people suffering from mental issues etc. playing this game. They are the ones that would really appreciate the encouragement and motivation.
RED-RABBIT [2203961]

Hi Clair,

While I can see your point of providing assistance to mental disabled people, the only statistics given are that women account for 17% of total players.  This is a game that evens the playing field, but we have to get women on and playing so they can see that benefit.
Kelsie [340367]

It’s really a shame you don’t understand jokes.

You’ve been playing torn for 68 days. You have yet to really even experience Torn at this point.

 

But hey, if your server pans out, kudos. 

*Also. No we don’t NEED more females to come and play. Genders shouldn’t play a role in this. Most of us are here to have a good time and enjoy this game, regardless what our genders are. 
fannybaws [2088888]

With thanks to the supportive comments.  I cannot understand the passive aggression though?!  I will not be participating any further in Torn "community" discussions if that is the correct terminology.
2049144 [2049144]

It's a role-playing game anyone can play any gender none of this means anything, your thread is stupid and doesn't belong here.