Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Small explosive devices & Bug abuse?

Started by Td3h [1785428] on in Bugs & Issues.

31 replies · 552 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

bright [1345609] ×1 BraveKath [1815519] ×1 Hildegarde [2050558] ×1

Td3h [1785428]

There are two seperate issues I'd like to report:

Context: I've been hitting enemy faction players on the wall and "holding" them at 0 life. During this time they are unable to get on the wall or do many things. One of these players uses SED's which causes issues.

First issue: An attack log isnt created when I hit a player, hold him at 0 life and he self hosps using a small explosive device.

It shows up on my feed but when I click on it no log exists. Ignore the scribbles and just focus on the yellow part ;):

[image: i.imgur.com]

https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=fda1e23e091e6cd8771cc68975ba0cfd Is the link which leads to "
No log with id fda1e23e091e6cd8771cc68975ba0cfd".
 
 
Second issue:
Small explosive devices are not supposed to be able to get you out of a loss where you are being held at 0 life anymore. This was discussed about a year ago and if I remember correctly Chedburn decided to change things so that the attacker could still hold someone at 0 life, for the duration of the attack, even if they self-hosped using a SED.
 
I've tested the mechanics in the past in detail and I am sure that this was not possible until recently. I'm hesitant to accuse Penicillin of bug abuse for doing this, but it does reek a little fishy to me.
 
Could it be clarified whether this is within the rules or not please?

Tyler [23890]

Second issue is a duplicate of https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=treads&f=19&t=16084478&b=0&a=0

Edit: more specially this post by Ched https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16084478&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=19161858

If you use this thread for SED bypassing attack loss, can we also talk about the Leslie action too? I think if you're on 0 life you shouldn't be able to open parcel's nor open Casino (prevents Leslie's hosp action). Then, what do you do about crimes? There's still OC's but that seems hard to plan so the few random times it works shouldn't be able to be abused.

 

Mentions: Holding an Attack SED+Revive Bug

Td3h [1785428]

Exactly. Even on the finishing screen without doing anything it will end the attack. Pretty sure it also happened when I just refreshed the page instead of hitting.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Let's focus on the first issue because I don't believe the second issue is any problem.

I believe there should be a log, even if it was lost, but we can ask Pavel.,
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

This is the last log with such outcome: www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=6d784b061b0a96a5f439ab01f10596f8
Penicillin [1517799] Committee Committee

If I remember correctly, on one of those attacks I used an SED and on another I was burned up in a warehouse fire.

And its OK salty little fella. You'll get over it.
Td3h [1785428]

Its a change I didnt know of that literally happened in the last week. I'm fine with it and now that I know its within the rules I will do it exactly like you did, only better.

You wont care since you cant actually beat me very often, but Z and Gonzo should be feeling a little miffed now.
deft [979003]

I just attacked td3h 2 minutes ago, I was holding then went to press Hospitalize and got "Incorrect userID" and there's zero log of the attack.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

This was a system which ended the attack upon SED usage, but results in that error. I've removed it now since the 'reviving block' plan resolves this.
deft [979003]

This just occured again twice in the past few minutes, 1 where there's no log against HT-supermikk, same as I described and the other against Hildegarde [2050558]  it says attack timed out but I didn't get hosped despite it being timed out

Mentions: Hildegarde [2050558]

ZOMB13 [1795241]

I've just had the incorrect userID thing happen to me twice whilst attacking bright [1345609] I held him twice for around 4 min 30 and then when i went to click hosp i got the incorrect user id message and it went back to start fight screen. I also don't have any attack logs in my latest attacks section 

Mentions: bright [1345609]

aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff

I believe there was an issue with 'last attacks' section during such events, I fixed it at morning (there was another bug report).