Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Android App - Notifications

Started by Otter [1821671] on in Bugs & Issues.

129 replies · 1.44k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 130 / 130 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Ivyrel [2113249]

Used to work fine on my older phone.

new phone: Xiaomi redmi note 5, Android  8.1.0; App version 0.2.13

I made sure to enable the APPs notifications, phone notifications and all that stuff.

I receive other notifications from everything except Torn. I'm in Portugal, could we get an update on what's going on?
Lenin [2199004]

Since this seems to be a pretty common issue right now, I'm going to offer what I'm doing to deal with it:

For Android users, download the Firefox or Chrome browser app. Also, grab your Torn API key.

Install the DocTORN plug-in. Go to your plug-ins and click the Settings for DocTORN, give it your API key (you may have to rotate your phone to landscape to be able to properly view their settings menu). Fiddle with the settings further to curate what you want to receive.

Bam, notifications. A really crappy work-around, but I tested it with Firefox and it works just fine. No need to actually use that browser for playing Torn itself; DocTORN will give notifications regardless. Hope this is solved soon so I can free up those ~12 API calls per minute :P
Makaronas [2179600]

Device: samsung SM-A500FU; Android 6.0.1;

For about a week notifications doesn't pop up. It was all OK before. Don't understand why is that. Notifications are on. And pover saving on app is disabled. All settings seems to be ok. Tries to remove and reinstall the app. Didn't helped. Any answers? 
MrCommander [2133988]

Last few days haven't been receiving Notifications. I have then all turned on with sound and never get any. But when I come online I have events. Can provide screenshots of options if need be. Probably been about 3-4 days now without them..

Device: Google Pixel 2 XL; Android 9;

Device: Google Pixel 2 XL; Android 9;
AuSSieBeL [277780]

No longer receiving alerts for the game, Game froze  and I tried re installing the app, no alerts since then.

Device: samsung SM-G950F; Android 8.0.0;
Nofrills [2198019]

Reinstalled the app yesterday from the beta app, notifications not working now.

Huawei mate 20pro, Android version 9, emui version 9. 
Annihilator [2020337]
Goodday;
Had an issue with my phone, did a factory reset and reinstalled my apps. Since then my torn app has stopped sending me notifications
Ive reinstalled the app twice now to see if its a glitch all to no avail. Pls help ..
Pls note my other apps work fine notification wise its only the torn app!!
I anticipate to hear good news from you.
APP VERSION: LATEST VERSION
ANDROID PHONE : TECHNO W4
ANDROID OS : MARSHMALLOW

Thanks
Papa-Smurf [2140721]
I am having this problem as well. Got a new phone, transferred everything over, and now notifications don't work for Torn. Every other app that gives notifications still works fine. I have uninstalled the torn app and reinstalled and it still doesn't give notifications. I have gone through my device settings and nothing is turned off so it should be working.
Lenin [2199004]
If you are on Firefox and click the Firefox icon on the DocTorn page, it will prompt to install the plug-in (or say it was denied, and then ask your permission to allow it). At the point it'll work immediately and the menu can be accessed by tapping the three dots; DocTorn will be near the bottom of the list.

If you get some other response from the site, I'm not sure how to proceed. I'm using the latest version of Firefox on Android 5.0; just tried again and it worked.
Tipsy [1160609]
Device: samsung SM-G930F; Android 8.0.0; App version 0.2.13;

I'm not getting notifications either and haven't for awhile now.  I still get notifications from other apps.

Also is there a way to make chats still beep when you don't have the app open?  It works if I open Torn on Chrome but never has with the app.

Thanks!
MrCommander [2133988]
Yeah... Not one of my strong suits also as a 3 month old post as the OP. You'd think they'd at least try to fix it. I play strictly mobile. Doctorn on chrome doesn't give notifications, nor does it on Firefox. Tried all the work arounds and being without notifications for more then 3 weeks now is a little frustrating... To say the least.