Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bazaar Bug?

Started by KingCantona [2217406] on in Bugs & Issues.

27 replies · 365 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
51 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

KingCantona [2217406]
HI 

I think there is a bug with this bazaar

https://www.torn.com/bazaar.php#/p=bazaar&userID=206872

In item market, under Silver list, the bazaar above is listed as selling Silver Necklace for $1,111 but the item is not available in the said bazaar. Please check
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
  • You bought 1 x Silver Necklace from ScrubMD's bazaar for a total of $1,111.
I found it amongst the trash after my browser crashed three times. To use Control+F you need to load the full bazaar sadly.

I know weapons have to be separate for accuracy/damage but this is just a good example of how silly a bazaar can get. Perhaps there is a solution that can be found for users who want to put 80,000 baseball bats in their bazaar along with 1 other item, because I was not kidding about my browser crashing three times.
RatedR [72498]
i am inclined to agree with Proxima, certain bazaars do take a good while to open.

something that can be done or looked into, Ched?
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
Might be a decent chunk of developer time, but even just an inventory-style panel so you can select the type of item you want to buy so wading through maintains of garbage is reduced.

I also think, if it's possible, if you click a link from the item market to someone's bazaar - it should centre the page on that exact item that you're trying to purchase. I.e. in this case, it should have scrolled right to the bottom where the silver necklace was.
Butters [34298]
What I think you'll find is that this will further motivate ched to nerf the bejesus out of bazaars, as he has stated he really would prefer to do in past discussions - I guess this is part of him apparently still holding onto what is a horribly outdated item market being the preferred option for buying and selling items.

Back on topic - I actually don't mind the first idea but the real issue is the way the bazaar page is structured with tiles in which a large image icon and the control icons have be loaded and rendered for each and every single item in the bazaar.

It's not unusual to see your browser chewing through many GB of memory whilst looking at even a medium sized bazaar which is kinda silly.

What i'd personally prefer to see in bazaars is a "concertina" style view, where each distinct item in the bazaar has its icon and market price controls shown in the header and then the instances of that item are presented in a simple table with item name / description, ratings (where relevant) and price along with the "buy" control(s), which the the shopper can then peruse at their leisure.

This would make maintaining a bazaar a shitload easier,as one of the most annoying things in torn is trying to group things together in a bazaar as you're adding stock, so it would be win-win for everyone.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
We already have a plan where the bazaar will continue to load as you scroll down (rather than all at once). The update will also come with a filter / search system for bazaars. So that will likely resolve this.
3njoy [2260575]
Hello,

a few hours back, i wanted to buy me a Tavor TAR-21 on the Item Market. It is still the cheapest offer with 369.999$.
I have searched this item on the bazar of ScrubMD called PUTZY's Bizzar. I have not found the Tavor on the Bazar.
I have searched with ctrl + f and i have loaded the whole bazar.

Thanks for listening.

Sincerely
3njoy
Butters [34298]
Sometimes the loading of the next section in a bazaar doesn't work - happens occasionally both in your own bazaar and other players bazaars.

RD_ in particular has a massive bazaar so you'll probably see this happen more often with his than with other players' bazaars.

Personally I suspect it's a memory-related issue - the browser memory usage spikes massively whenever you're viewing a larger bazaar and even with 16gb I find that happens from time to time even with my not-so-big bazaar.
Stewie [1494547]
They are literally right at the bottom of their bazaar. You need to scroll down and wait like ~20 seconds for some reason. It should be instant loading of the next section. I don't know why it isn't...
[image: i.gyazo.com]