Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

delete please

Started by The_Gorilla [2156388] on in Tutorials & Guides.

121 replies · 4.44k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 122 / 122 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
122
Discussion span
→
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Duke [4] ×7

SpankyMcFunk [2178689]
Interesting. I'm going to try this from today with my max 1.75m loan. Paid my fee just before reading this so starting from a clean slate, Other guides haven't worked for me either so far.

So just to check, ignore the events saying your payment is due and wait for an actual message from Duke? And then pay just the fee or the whole lot?

Wish me luck!
The_Gorilla [2156388]
I only paid once Duke messaged me and i paid it all off.

my 2 friends also done this and it worked for them also.

Please post here if this works for you and how long it took, would be interesting to see more and more people have it work like this
LDOC [1176628]
Took me 11 weeks to get it, paid back on time each time. the amount I could take from duke was 105m by the end. although I have definitely taken out many loans before trying to actually get the merit
RandomCC [2219650]
Gonna try this, I had a small loan taken out from Duke for a few weeks now, was paying interest on time. I just borrowed more yesterday and now I will wait for the message to see if that works.
Kalish [1391722]
Gonna try this, I just took out a 10m loan and stuck it in my vault. To be clear, you took out the loan and did not make ANY payments until he messages you, or you pay a few times and then stop till he contacts you?
JunkieMan [78679]
Worked for me, take out the loan ( I took out the max) and don’t pay until you get a message from duke, it was like two or three weeks for the merit. 
Wamboozled [484539]
It's been 3 months roughly of paying on time, every time I receive the message and I still don't have the merit. I'm going to give this a crack Gorilla.

I'll let you know if it works.
Reagan [1496632]
I received my loan shark honor once my available credit with Duke increase by 30%.  For me this was when my max loan increased to $1.3B from a $1.0B base or when I got the notice that Duke would extend an additional $300M on my outstanding $1B loan. 
The_Gorilla [2156388]
im all for hearing different theories on it

the main suggestion of how to get it doesnt seem right to me from what so many people say.  The time it takes them to how long it took me and my 2 friends is just too long.... i missed payments for 2-3 weeks then got it which contradicts the current 'method' of how to get it.

of course with my way its only myself and 2 others i know that its worked so far, so if everyone who has said they will try it so far actually does try it and posts back in here with the results it will help to give me more evidence
Reagan [1496632]
I believe the honor trigger is purely tied to the “good credit” threshold being reached. In my case this was having my available loan increase by 30%.  Maybe this threshold is variable for each player but seems overly complicated to do that. Also te duration could vary significantly depending on how timely you were with your loan fee payments.  

I took out my max loan available ($1B) and consistently made my loan fee payments. After each payment my available amount increased by $25M, if I am remembering correctly, and after 12 weeks I had the honor.  I never bothered to increase my loan amount, but maybe that would have accelerated the process
Hamr [2027992]
It's entirely possible that "good credit" is relative to your networth, and if your networth grows faster than your maximum loan or repayments you might not get the achievement. If this is the case, then OP's method would be a coincidence.

Going to try it myself for a couple of weeks to see what happens. Would be great if this finally cracks the damn thing, because I've been taking out loans and making payments for over a year.
The_Gorilla [2156388]
this is why im questioning the current method for getting it, it shouldn't take a year to get, when i got in in 1/4 of the time.

maybe it is just a coincidence, but surely worth the test giving the way it worked for me after 2-3 weeks of forgetting about it then randomly getting that message