The trailer for the new Joker movie has been released. There were several believable fake ones out there, but this one is legit. Let me know what you think? Will it do well? Do you think that this Joker movie will set a new, better precedent for a DCU than the previous films had (considering that the new Suicide Squad is officially a reboot and not a sequel as confirmed by James Gunn)? Will this film lead into a new DCU? What does that mean for movies like Aquaman 2 and Wonder Woman? We already know that they are casting a new Batman for his future stand alone and Henry Cavill has already said that he will no longer be playing Superman. Would this be the opportune time to switch gears on a failing DCU and move towards a better one?
I think that may have been sarcasm. Anyways, I think this is going to be a turning point movie for DC and not in a good way. Aquaman was very Marvel-esque and honestly I think that is what people want out of their comic book movies. While the Nolan-verse Batman Trilogy was dark, brooding and awesome, I just think that that only really works in that trilogy. Hell even Deadpool makes fun of how dark DC movies have been. So by going back to dark after Aquaman was pretty light, doesn't seem to be the right direction. Idk i just hope it doesnt suck.
From reading Batman comic books for many years, no one has got the joker right. They either play him as an evil man, or a complete lunatic. I would say he is not evil as such, more of a free spirit with a warped imagination, a child with a gun...
I'm looking forward to this one. It seems DC has started figuring out their own formula and not trying to copy Marvel. I dig it. Marvel is all about the art, fun, epicness, etc. And DC is all about the writing. Good characters, grounded stories. This is what I want from DC movies.
Heath Ledger joker was a great joker, one of the best. I don't think you can get the joker right because of the fact that there are too many designs of the joker throughout the comics, there is no consistent version of the joker in the comics.
I beg to differ a lot on that. While this film looks like it will be different, Aquaman was practically a copy/paste of a marvel film. Same with Wonder Woman and Shazam.
Yeah, I heard Aquaman was pretty much a DC re-skin of Black Panther. I haven't seen either of them, though, so I can't comment on that. I tried watching Wonder Woman but I can't handle another WWII backstory, and Aquaman's 2.5 hour runtime exceeds my attention span at the moment. I'm one of the rare people that liked Batman v Superman and Justice League, though, and I'm honestly pretty stoked for Joker. I'll even give the Suicide Squad sequel a shot.
This is my preference for a Joker character. He is a total psychopath. Any hint of fear, the slightest twitch of hesitation should be removed from the character. Everything he does should be a jigsaw game. Make him a cannibal like Hannibal Lecter addicted to human flesh, especially women's parts. Make him a total misogynist who isn't afraid to violently hit a woman like boxer hits another male boxer. Make him treat everything like one big joke. He has a carefully thought through plan that comes across as as a total mess until you pay close attention to the details. The average cop would never understand the weird. Make him a capoeira fighter. Make him the perfect free runner, who runs and leaps building to building. Make him juggle grenades and daggers. Make him breathe fire, his most deadly attack on Batman.