Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Why Do Crimes?

Started by Hawk [2080065] on in General Discussion.

62 replies · 1.21k views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 63 / 63 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
63
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Hawk [2080065]
Context
Kinda noobish, but I've had a string of failed warehouse arsons lately. No biggie but, you know, it's annoying. And it got me thinking...

When I first started Torn, I didn't even do crimes because I didn't want the jail/hosp time. Then I started doing them all the time because I wanted the merits. ...but never because they are profitable or because they help me gather all of Torn under my mighty thumb.

Question, Clarified
So my question is... really, what good are Torn crimes? Some players "want crime XP" which is another way of saying they want to get to PA. Why do you do them? Is it for the merits or are you trying to get to PA? Something else?

Why do you grind through Torn crimes?
Hawk [2080065]
Ah! Okay... I admit - the "maximizer" in me wants to do all I can when I log into Torn. I also cannot stand the full bar :-)
dunmugmeh [538353]
At the moment crime clicking is a merit chasing exercise. That is good in itself but i hope crimes 2.0 will be so much more.
Viracocha [1772040]
it all comes down to click
that's all we are really doing for the most part. activating events with predetermined outcomes.
Hamr [2027992]
There's no reason not to. You gain by doing them, even if it's only in terms of small sums of money (it all adds up, especially if you're low on money). You also become more advanced in the game, as high numbers are swag.

Meanwhile, there is absolutely nothing to gain by not doing crimes, especially as Crimes 2.0 (blessed be Chud) may actually be worth grinding for at some levels.