Was wondering what some people played in the past that lead them down the road to play Torn?
For me when i was super young was Outwar / Earth 2025 which then turned into Utopia and Mythea, which were for sure pretty competitive in warring!(brute force ftw!) For sure I'd have to say Torn has been the best moderated out of all I've had the chance to play, which is ultimately what draws me into this game.
Life in the early 90s with c++ and qbasic
Ha! Let's see who gets that s**t
I didn’t find Torn... Torn found me. Some say it’s pure luck... I say it was fate that brought us together.
alienaa, hobowars, equinox... and even before those BBS games like legend of the red dragon(L. O. R. D)
Newage3
I played Outwar right around when Snoop Dogg came out with Drop It Like It's Hot, so whatever year that was.
And I came over from HW whenever they still rewarded you with points for voting.
I played Crime Valley back in the day
Torn stole the idea from them
lol i remember when. all u. could do on torn was commi tcrimes raise. stats. and. attack. i literally just. signed. up here hour ago and im impressed with how far its come
dont know any but torn.
Marcoland back in the day, though also played Dugout Online and a bit of ninja rpg.
Used to play another game called Forces of War, the developer closed it. Found Torn and realized FOW stole most of the concept from Torn.
Found torn through a hacking simulation game I am having trouble remembering the name of. Not to old of a Torn player so the game wasnt too old.
I used to play mafia war in 2007
Neopets best game on earth
ArcticMud (mud.arctic.org) Played on and off for over 20 years.
It's deep, dark and wide. And long, I suppose....
Made every other text-based game I tried seem like crap.*
Had to stop because I would simply disappear for days and weeks on end, but I go back once a year for a five-to-seven day visit.
*I don't include Torn as a text-based game because it's evolved far beyond the constraints of text.
Think Christmas Town for example...and easter eggs. It's a text-and-mostly-static-image-based game.
BTW - if you want to try Arctic you'll need a mud client...and the willingness to write easy little scripts.
After joining Torn it actually reminded me enough of Neopets that I started playing it again after a 15 year haitus
It's perfect because both games are full of short timers that deprive me of sleep and fun
MUSHClient FTW.
Tried ArcticMud, way back in the day. Don't think I stayed long. Didn't hook me quite as hard as Daedal Macabre did, even when I wanted so badly to find a new/different MUD to enjoy. :-/
The one and only PIMPWAR!
where i use to dominate people like deft, Stretch, udontwanna, Z_Junior and many many others :)
Oregon Trail on Windows 3. You needed floppies to play.
Pimpwar around 2007