Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Any advice?

Started by Binga [2208903] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 208 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
35
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Binga [2208903]
If I'm right I would be 3-4 days away from level 15. However I need $400,000 more cash, my awareness is low and I do not have much items worth of value I can sell or I would be an easy target for mugging and many high markup items are always out of stock. Any advice on money-making? (Scoring losses are also hard for me).
revstevew [2175299]
I suppose the first question is why do you need 400k BEFORE you hit level 15? Once you hit it you can make that in one flight buying plushies or flowers.
Taburisu [295365]
Err... Get a job?

Relying on awareness to find high priced items is not worth it, imo.

Secure a job first then start buying 100 beers and trade them for some profit. Rinse and repeat.
Runic [2040669]
General Newbie Guides:
Baldr's Basic Advice
Kayla's New Player Starter Guide/FAQ

Money-Making Guides:
$$ Fledgling Guide To Money $$
A Trader's guide to $1,000,000,000
A Muggers Guide to $1,000,000,000
Xerneas' guide to making money - Trade/Stocks/Misc
Reviving - Making money and Finding Targets

Merit Guides:
Mat's "what should I use my merits on" guide
Andyman's Merit Spending Guide
Tempest's Guide to Easy Merits 2.0

Guide list


Tips:
  • Firstly, you shouldn't spend merits on awareness for the purpose of making money. In my opinion and that of many others, you shouldn't use merits on it at all, but to each their own. It became nearly useless when it was last updated. If you choose to regularly mug (which I wouldn't recommend, especially with stats as low as yours; train instead), using merits for mugging would make more sense. When you have enough money to make a decent amount with the bank every two weeks or two months, putting merits in bank interest would be a good idea.
  • If you need quick money, you can advertise in trade chat rather than just the Attacking forum that you are selling losses. Don't use the Casino out of desperation. You will more than likely lose money. The house always wins. It's just not worth it. 
  • Finally, keep in mind that Torn is a long-term game. You don't need to be in a rush to level up or reach a certain Networth. Setting goals is definitely an okay thing to do and something I would recommend, but don't stress too much about the speed you're going. Worrying too much about that may lead to you making a rash decision (such as gambling) and losing more than you gain long-term. Torn is a marathon, not a sprint.

Mentions: $$ Fledgling Guide To Money $$ · A Muggers Guide to $1,000,000,000 · A Trader's Guide to $1,000,000,000 · Andyman's Merit Spending Guide · Awareness changes · Baldr's Basic Advice · Bank Investment -Different for Noobs · Claire's Guide to Banking. · Guide list · Gym Training Guide for Beginners · Kayla's New Player Starter Guide/FAQ · Mat's "what should I use my merits on" guide · Reviving - Making money and Finding Targets · Tempest's Guide to Easy Merits: Honor Edition · Xerneas' guide to making money - Trade/Stocks/Misc

Binga [2208903]
Jesus, I'm sorry man, I wanted to get some extra cash so I can get a PI, my cash was going downhill for some time 4.5 mil down to 2.4 mil currently and wanted to keep my expenses low and my earnings high.