Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Issue with Mobile Data

Started by John_Talon [1913341] on in Bugs & Issues.

21 replies · 167 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

John_Talon [1913341]
So I have noticed this for a couple of weeks now suddenly I am unable to access torn via my web browser or the app when I am not using wifi (to be clear I mean this has been happening for weeks). When I am on wifi I am able to use both the app and the website via safari. I still receive notifications when using data. I tried reinstalling the app and everything but it just keeps loading and won't go past either the loading screen or cloudflare's 5-second page (it changes on occasion i'm not sure why.) I first thought it was a lack of connection or data issue but I am able to both watch Netflix on HD and load other mobile app games or Facebook etc. I am not an expert but it seems weird that a text-based game like Torn would take more data/connection to load than Netflix on HD or other animated mobile games.
Stewie [1494547]
Perhaps it's an issue with your network provider blocking the App?

Are you able to tell me what provider you are with?

Thanks.
Stewie [1494547]
I would think this has to be your mobile's provider? Have you contacted them to see if they are blocking the connection at all?

What's your device / OS?
Mitchell [1669904]
Defo not the mobile provider. It’s worked absolutely fine previously.

Torn works while using data on the phone just not a hotspot and using a laptop. 

Devices and OS’s arnt relevant to this. Using 4G with EE which is the best coverage and signal. 
John_Talon [1913341]
Yeah its definitely not them as I asked plus I can't load past the cloudflare screen (I get the circle that its loading but it won't go past). I use an iPhone 6s and it was working before just suddenly stopped. Plus I still get notifications on my phone from the torn app which can be particularly annoying. Like when I sold something for 70 m from my bazzar, got the notification yesterday, and could not log on to stash the cash. I had to message a mate on discord to mug me since I was not going to home for 6 hours.
John_Talon [1913341]
Australia and I have waited over 30 min at times. Now I usually wait 5 minish when I occasionally get a super urgent notification and get hopeful lol. But I do occasionally just put my phone down with it loading and still nothing.
Stewie [1494547]
Well, I got no idea on the issue.

I think something may be preventing it from auto-refreshing, but I'm sceptical of it being an issue server-side. Perhaps Joe can take a look?
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I hear Optus blocks some websites, and you need to call them. I remember reading that one provider rated Torn as "Mature" so it was blocked by default, which is very odd.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I'm out of ideas I'm afraid, I can pass this along to Alex for a final confirmation that it's not something on our end.
Davzz [323969] Admin Staff
I've reviewed this, but I fear this is not something we control - all signs here seem to be that your ISP is doing something unhelpful here.

My best suggestion is to try to use a VPN app and see if the problem goes away; my guess is that it will.