Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Craps "algorithm severely flawed"

Started by X2swifty1X [2303365] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 82 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
X2swifty1X [2303365]
I have been actively involved in and have helped program several gambling simulation/state certified games in Reno, Vegas, and SLC. I am new to your game and I am definitely not looking for return investments.However, I feel like there are plenty of source codes out there, that would make it, a little more.....realistic.

Great text game, though!
Congrats,
       Swifty 
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I can imagine it's not perfect, but 76,941 people have played 2,578,684 rounds of craps and I've not heard of any issues.
Would you care to elaborate please?

It is the least popular casino game by a considerable margin.

I updated the bug reports title to be useful.
shro [1332742]
I play craps on torn a lot. As far as the dice go it seems just as random as any other casino game. I don't know how you can really change the algorithm since it's just die1 = rand(1,6) followed by die2 = rand(1,6)

Maybe he means the UI for the game.  The betting is clunky and on mobile you have to scroll up / down a lot do to the betting / roll. 

Honestly though, I rather it not be changed at all until I get into top 10 losses