Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mini games during flights.

Started by illbethatmf [2083570] on in Suggestions.

56 replies · 739 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 57 / 57 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
57
Discussion span
→
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
53 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

illbethatmf [2083570]
Flying is boring.

Whenever I'm on a real life flight I bring activities. Checkers, chess, a deck of cards, video games etc.

My suggestion is to implement mini games during flights. Maybe it could be a reskinned space invaders or pacman clone, checkers or chess pvp with another traveler. Online poker is played by millions everyday. Perhaps adding select casino games like bookie and poker through the laptop.

Add your suggestions to the comments too. Anything is better than watching that countdown timer.

I spent my first months in torn running plushies and it was boring, this would be a good way to keep some of the many new players engaged through this stage of their game play as well.

Thanks for reading.

***Update 2020***

Thanks for the recent interest folks, let's see we if we can get this over the magic 100.
-Perhaps this could be unlocked through a special "Nintendo" like item. (Obviously not that name)
-Purchased in Japan? Maybe for $50m ? Not for everyone but for those who want to put up the cash.
Brev [2179462]
Should be able to use bookies (poker) using the laptop. If you can bounty and read the news and emails then can't see the difference
Kupe [2198270]
I like the space invaders and pacmam idea. Something separate to what you can do on the ground. I can imagine that people will be frustrated when the game ends prematurely due to landing  (put away devices like irl).  That will just add timing to the challenge. 
Toxxn [2298968]
Not a bad idea, some sort of entertainment implementations would be interesting and quite a fair update. I mean, flights IRL have entertainment, movies and internet access, etc. I like the idea. +1
Shroominkid [525188]
flying = super boring, Id love mini games to pass the time if you have a laptop. Looking at the stock changes every 15 minutes is pretty boring :P
Rauhbautz [2108641]
I am in agreement with most of the suggestions in this thread as I make most of my income on traveling, and I can balance it with my real-life schedule which has a lot of mobile time. However, consider that I think part of the reason for the boredom and lost nerve\energy is part of design to make us choose our paths, taking the various benefits as well as the detriments that go with them. But, carry on, I'd be pleased with such ideas.
Keromi [2241779]
You can cheat in games that don't rely on RNG (any non-casino game). Some would use a chess bot to win or a script to get a highscore in the minigames if it meant earning merit points or money (or even just increasing a number on your stat page)

Access to the casino might be the best idea.
VladBull [2321305] Committee Committee
Poker while flying would be GREAT!
Something to de except setting your phone timer to landing time. :-)