Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bank%

Started by Wollongong [12833] on in General Discussion.

184 replies · 5.45k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 185 / 185 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
185
Discussion span
→
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
54 / 100
Story score
71 / 100
Engagement score
87 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Chedburn [1] ×4

Wollongong [12833]
Woo, variable interest rates. Nice. Too bad I just dumped my cash in the bank earlier, so it takes a while to see the effect.

The merit difference is interesting too, although I forgot what the old did...

Edit. Ok, used to give 0,1 percentpoint extra. I wonder if the 5% is based in the rate or percent point. I am assuming 5% of the percentage (1,05 instead of 1,00... And not 6 instead of 5
Riot [974353]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but dumbed down does this mean the banking without merits has been buffed and banking with them / with the BB has remained near enough unchanged?
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor
Yes, there was a thread in bugs I believe that stated that the interest had declined to nearly nothing for peepz w/o merits, and since the idea is you should not need to rely on merits to use an area (instead it should just be a relatively small boost) it had to be changed.
Rum4nyby [1567187]
For those wondering what it looks like on both ends of the spectrum with these new rates:

Here are the rates with no merits and no TCB. It's pretty buffed up now.

[image: imgur.com]

And here are the rates with max merits and a TCB block (for some reason I'm doubting myself now so in case it isn't TCB, whatever the banking block is cuz I got this screenie from a mate with the block).

EDIT: FFS I need to stop clicking enter when putting in images. HERE'S THE DAMN PICTURE. No clue if they're buffed up a decent amount or not, seems like they are though.

DOUBLE EDIT: First picture was too goddamn fat

[image: imgur.com]
Tyler [23890]
And for those who just want to see yearly payout for 2b investment, here's my quick calculation. It's approximate so might be a lil off due to rounding issues but close enough:

[image: i.imgur.com]


Edit: Here's the 3b investment breakdown for those in rigs:

[image: i.imgur.com]

Double Edit: Wow this has blew up from the recent Newspaper Article. Someone asked how Rigs compare to TVs with the pay difference in TVs and job points + 3b investment in Rigs. I'm sure there's TVs that pay more and rigs that pay less but these seem to be about average from the people I pm'd to get daily pay in both. This is not to discount the mini-SE special from TV that's worth 225m (half a SE). You'd need three of them a year to equal out the ~775m difference between the two. Doable for sure, but not guaranteed and if you're not at the SE point then that special is moot.

[image: i.imgur.com]
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Finally, 3 months investment is providing better interest rate than 2 months investment in long term. :D

Took them a while to figure out that's how it works in real life too.
PatBenatar [420347]
So buff the people who has done nothing to improve the rates and screw over the players that did, sound like same old same old, Good job NOT!

Why not buff both?
Rum4nyby [1567187]
Well, they were both buffed.

Pretty sure banking before was shittier. Heard people complain that max merits and 2b in the bank would get them just over 200m for 2 months. Right now, 2b in the bank with max merits is 240m. 40m increase isn't the worst.

And besides, if you knew what the rates were with no merits, I don't think you would complain.
Wollongong [12833]
This is odd...
if it is 5%-point, then 10 merits should make the base of 37-ish to 87-ish percent (which would be silly), and if it's 5% of the base rate, then it should be around 50-ish percent. How do these relate?
Riot [974353]
I don't think they were both buffed, if you have merits and the BB you get pretty much the same you were getting before the patch.

although as an interesting note, I do 2B Bi-weekly and I was getting about 54m a couple of months ago, now I'm getting 60m but I believe that's a natural change and not due to this patch.
PatBenatar [420347]
"Natural APRs (i.e. without merit upgrades) are substantially higher than before. Bank Interest merits now increase the APR by 5% each. The target APR with full merits & stock special bonus is approximately the same."

Why do I give a rats …. what people that did ZERO effort to improve the rates when I have 10/10 merits and 3 billion invested? I don't get buffed but they do? Same old shit when promised us SSL users that he would not screw us over by buffing druggies, we all know how long that lasted. We need new committee members that have a back bone and make changes fair for everyone and not the select few.