Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bank Interest.

Started by Mara [177232] on in Questions & Answers.

18 replies · 424 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mara [177232]
I have read the latest newspaper article about the new bank interest rates, however, can some one clarify how much interest I should receive on a 2 B investment for 2 months on the old system. I have TCB block and 10/10 merits for bank interest.

According to the table in the article (if I am reading it right) I should receive $1,742,400,00 however, my current investment, started 4 days ago, I will receive $290,400,000 on maturity.

Is this a bug? It certainly would help to explain why my net worth has somewhat stalled over the last months/year.
cooksie [2152172]
That figure is over the course of a year, I believe. I'm not sure you could expect to receive over 1b interest on a 2 month investment for 2b, unless I'm misunderstanding the question. Sure your networth hasn't stalled because you're spending the interest earned on training supplies which you consume regularly?
Mara [177232]
Ah right worked it out now $1,742,400,000 10/10 merits + TCB over 1 year is $290,400,000 for 2 months.

Just coincidental that in the table that figure appears 2B invested for 2 months no merits + TCB.

Thanks.
Fogest [2254826]
As a newer player who has just about 1b in the bank and just finished 10/10 merits in banking should I now reset my merits (only 250 points as it's my first) and use those 10 merits elsewhere? I am also considering buying a PI and upgrading it instead with that money as it seems like I can get more money being active in the game. It also seems like now those merits can be better used elsewhere for now.

I may be better off investing say 750m in a stock, rather than putting it all in the bank.
Fatbears [2197270]
I'm in the same boat as you are right now. But consider the two week investment.
30m for 10/10 and tbc BB.
+2 weeks of plush sales. 80m (give or take)

110m every 2 weeks.
10 weeks base pi.

I'm currently making 60m off my 2b (pre need not sure how much I'm affected yet). But that's still easy money. If I dropped my 2b + 10/10 it's going to be hard to make up that passive income without being more active then I currently am.
Hopslam [795412]
Na- just keep on re-investing the bank over and over

that shit legit builds up over time is straight free/easy profit

my stat at this time....
Bank investment profit
$17,008,945,957
Fogest [2254826]
Thanks for the advise. My only thing that I am wondering is how worth it is it right now to keep all those merits in the banking? Would that be better to later invest 2 billion into? Would that money be better spent on stocks that have higher payout rates than the bank does now and also aim for buying a PI?
_Pam_ [2235735]
Why? You cant predict whether tomorrow's apr is higher or lower..if you do, I guess ched will personnaly ched you into the fed jail...

Look at the news..the estimated interest is there for that day I think..
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
Your numbers (or mine) aren't a good example of what a new player can expect. The interest rate has dropped a lot over that time, and with the new rules, the payout drops even more.

It may still be worth it, but I'm not convinced it is for new players. They could save their merits, invest in stocks, probably make more money, and have the merit points to use for other upgrades.
Fatbears [2197270]
Stock pay outs have just become very slim as well. I'm sitting on sym and fhg and haven't had a pay out of either in almost two weeks.

I would advise getting both regardless but I'm currently in a slup where neither are paying out.
cooksie [2152172]
You'd need to wait a lot longer than two weeks to complain that stock payouts have dropped. Unless I missed the announcement, there's been no change to the rates at which payouts are made, which is supposed to average out at once per week.

If you're thinking rates have dropped because you haven't had anything in two weeks, I'm guessing that means you were on a good streak before where you were receiving quicker than the norm, and now it's simply averaging out.
Hopslam [795412]
Well the more active activities for earning income will almost always yield more money / better return

my main point is that at a certain point in game if one sticks around enough and plays decent, you almost are surely to get to a point where you have idle money anyway

if a player is actively using all funds all the time for investing and gaining wealth, then yeah bank is dumb to put funds and merits into, but I think (IMO) it’s pretty difficult to always always be working the funds. That would wear and burn almost anyone out.

Gotta mix up the investments at a certain point and have those passive gains without doing anything, for ones game longevity sake.

but yeah, agree for newerish players that are serious and active about wealth building, then using the bank during that highly active time won’t be the best for making money and returns on investments.
Fogest [2254826]
Funny enough, it's actually your guide I followed about investing 2b in the bank before doing things like getting a PI and doing stocks. That's kinda why I am asking this question here now because all of the guides are now out of date and may not be taking this change into account so now I am looking for up to date advice on what to do as a newbie. Because right now I have just about 1b saved and that is a lot of money.
Fogest [2254826]
Can you give some examples of active ways I could do instead of investing all that money in the bank? I like the idea of having some passive money in the bank, however at the same time I also believe I would be better suited investing that when I am more established in the game and 2b isn't as big of a deal as it is for me right now.
Fatbears [2197270]
Oh, don't take what I've said as a complaint. I'm aware I'm very lucky with my stock payouts, with the current changes suddenly it just feels very barren.