Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Lease Extension

Started by narO [2312928] on in Suggestions.

75 replies · 1.15k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 76 / 76 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
76
Discussion span
→
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
56 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

narO [2312928]
Last week I contacted the person that I am renting my PI from and asked if he would rent to me for another 14 days, he was ok with it and we struck a deal.

The issue is that we had to wait for the lease to run out, wrecking my happiness for about 5 days if I don't use any items to boost it back up. (adding to the cost if I do, or wasting precious lease time if I don't)

So my suggestion is: Add an option to offer a lease extension with a price, in a similar way that leases are offered from player to player in the first place.

This way we can easily keep renting from the same person in shorter periods and not have our training messed with every time we need to renew.
Thanks for reading!
IDLEGLANCE [2049768]
I understand that the happiness is an issue for situations like these but I can't help myself from saying that. In the case of happiness, one can rehab once for full happiness back. It's inconvenient but you do get to make some money from it. Certainly more than you spent on the rehab itself.

To sum up, I think the extension would be a cool feature but I don't see it as necessary
narO [2312928]
Let's not forget that some people want to have a totally drug free play style (not me nessecarily but I know quite a few people who do) those people cannot benefit from rehab happy restore.

I see it as nessecary and totally realistic, it helps build relations with your landlord. Sure you could go to rehab, or find another rental at a similar price before your current one is over, but that just takes away from the spirit of the game imo.
IDLEGLANCE [2049768]
Another option is to fly for edvds in preparation for a lease ending, I've recently sold my PI's I used to rent out. I had a good relationship with those renting
IDLEGLANCE [2049768]
When you can make like 6m a day travelling and a lease for a fully upgraded PI is around 1m per day. As per anything here its just about the effort you put in. The more you fly, the less reasonable it is
narO [2312928]
To each their own I guess, I still think everything you have suggested is just an inconvient workaround to what could be a small QoL update.
Vashti [2301042]
I feel this is an excellent suggestion. As someone new to the game, who rents and also has rentals, I would certainly appreciate this as a simple quality of life upgrade, both for myself and my renters.
WhiteRabbit [2162711]
speaking from the point of view of the lvl holders under lvl 15 who cant fly....this ideea is great as they use the PI just for the happy boost for trains. not to mention i had a PI for rent and it is a pain to remember to rent it out the second the leas has ended...having the chance to extend is a great option as most of ppl who rent them will extend....the landlord has the ultimate say in the price...also would be great if the person renting would have access to the vault if present in upgrades but I can see why that is not an option....no one will ever buy a PI :D