Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Crime merits?

Started by IntolerantGila [2351391] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 288 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
IntolerantGila [2351391]
Hey Guys,

I've been reading some guides, and it seems recommended to get the honors/medals associated with what I believe to be failing crimes before going on to build your nerve up. (They only mention that it might be an option to pursue a path that would lose nerve for the merits.)

The guides that I read didn't mention what I need to do, and I've looked through the wiki and don't seem to find any achievements related to failing crimes.

Am I overlooking something?
NikolaTesla [1631174]
Yeah, I definitely agree you need to do the 8N drug crimes at 35N or lower if you are going to do them at all. The guide linked to is really useful in terms of set up - education, completed careers and merit spends etc so if you are going to take these crimes on then then follow that guide's instruction for preparation.

Your only question to yourself then is do you think all those Jail reds are worth the 9 merits you can obtain by completing the 10,000 drug crimes required.

Depending on your level of activity this will take 10 -18months.

NT
NikolaTesla [1631174]
Have you misremembered the achievement because that is 2 years so nothing great about that.

It can definitely be done in a year if a decent level of activity is maintained.

I slacked a bit so it took me nearer 18months. But I definitely slacked and saw how I could have done it months quicker.

NT
WalkingTarget [2077507]
That's correct, 11 months for me to complete, with some extra nerve from faction upgrades and a daily nerve refill.

I'd also recommend getting the Federal Judge perk completed (Law city job, +10% crime success) and the advanced driving tactics crime enhancer to help avoid getting as many reds.
IntolerantGila [2351391]
That's kinda my plan. I think it would probably be easier once I'm well-established. Maybe then I can use boosters and the enhancer at that point instead of slogging through it while I lowbie.

The guide linked above was easily interesting in which merits are low-hanging fruit to boost me along. I think scooping those up may be far more beneficial than backtracking later on.