Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Grave

Started by Chickenjoy [2000212] on in Graveyard.

30 replies · 730 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
40 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

UNRIVALED [144651] ×1 Bender3003 [1109634] ×1 PhaNToM [1503918] ×1

HerrSchmidt [2069746]
You mugged someone and wonder why they harass you?

You repeatedly insult then when they don't reply and still wonder??

You continue to bounty them and still not understanding you are the one keeping the situation alive???
Chickenjoy [2000212]
Right, I see. I did let it cool off for a few days. I was advised to ignore. But it kept going, contradicting

"And then you are making it worse by bountying me back which is only prolonging this all, it could have been over by now usually 10 bounties is enough."
Kupe [2198270]
TLDR: you think your actions (mugging) are a "normal accepted part of the game" (which is true), but that bountying in retaliation isn't (which it is).

I think that it is you who needs to accept a normal part of the game.
Quinny [2098478]
Mugging is a game mechanic, as is bountying. Nobody has done anything untoward here as far as I can see, other than your seemingly relentless whining about it.
Monk [2271278]
I'm not a fan of being bountied for a legal move

You know that bounties are legal right? You're complaining about something legal. Yer as bad as him
Silkhands [2118155]
I'm guessing we wouldn't be reading this thread if you were successfully stealthed?

That said, if bounties are placed the usual trick is to get faction members to clear them fro you and recycle the funds back into the faction bank. It's a win-win situation. You wanting to resolve and make the peace seems to have escalated things.

He's blocked you. Move on.
ChaosReigns [2169241]
2. Bender3003 [1109634] starts bountying me. I'm not a fan of being bountied for a legal move (random overseas mug)

But bountying you is also a legal move. So your argument is now invalid.

Also just a heads up, making a thread to highlight you being bountied usually earns you more bounties. Especially if you expose yourself to be the village idiot in all of this. The quicker your posts are edited and this thread graved, the less of a target you make yourself. Better act fast.

Edit: Ffs typos. Auto correct epic fail. "Graved" is auto'd to graced smh

Mentions: Bender3003 [1109634]

KarmaCop [365532]
Bounties are part of the game just like mugging. Considering how annoying you were, Bender was quite polite and patient.

Advice: Make a crybaby thread about something that is clearly part of normal gameplay.....oh wait.

R-
Jynx [2087322]
You really should've acted towards his bounty like you wanted him to act to your mugging - accepting it.

Retaliation begets retaliation in a never ending cycle. If you don't like the cycle, break it... don't think for one moment you will say or do something so incredibly clever that they sit back and think "wow, this guy is right and i'm wrong".

Unless you prefer to cry victim to the rest of us and hope for sympathy for something we've grown exceedingly bored with seeing over and over again. And receiving random bounties from people who didn't have an issue with you before today.
Bender3003 [1109634]
I didnt want to reply to this, the whole thing is so stupid, but I feel I must issue a correction in the timeline of the OP:

You messaged me from the very first bounties that I posted on you. You did not wait until it escalated to start messaging me stupid comments. I totally ignored your messages for a day or two, just waiting for it to blow over, but then you messaged me again and started bountying me back. Then I replied and bountied you more than I have ever had to bounty anyone.

You also left out the part where you instigated a targeted harrassment campaign against me, I was getting messages from a bunch of strangers and mugged and attacked over and over.

Sorry my image posts are so rough I have never uploaded an image to the torn forums:

[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]

A little more context from my end. Prior to the mugging I had done one of my very fun firesales, where I list over 150 items of all kinds in my bazaar, all under market price. Some even for 1$. In that sale the big ticket item was a Parachute that sold for $444,444,444

[image: i.imgur.com]

So typically I am mugged during these sales, no surprise at all, so I flew out of the country, fully expecting someone to follow, just hoping I could fly back before they get me. But my dumbass forgot to bring my phone charger with me to work so I was stuck overseas for a couple more hours than intended

Now, I cant ever get into the motivations of my attackers, I can't tell if they are targeted or random, but in this case I had to assume it was a targeted attack. Either way though, as I explained, targeted or random it does not matter, I would issue bounties. It is MANDATORY for me, and it works pretty much every time without anyone getting triggered.

I cant just assume that anyone is mugging me once randomly to "burn off energy", especially after I had just made it known publicly in the marketplace that I was selling over $450,000,000 worth of items.

Though I am willing to believe in this case that Chickenjoy was just randomly mugging people and I happened to be the unfortunate target. It happens, but again, it does not matter to me if it is random or targeted, I will bounty you if I catch you mugging me.

NEVER has anyone messaged me with such vitriol just because I retaliated against them through bounties. Every one of my many muggers that I could identify has understood why I am issuing the bounties, I would never even imagine it would come as a surprise. I still can't understand how this person is so personally offended by a very basic retaliation.

I 100% accept that muggings are a very normal and common part of the game, I was not personally mad at Chickenjoy for mugging me of course, but that doesnt mean I wont try to deter future muggings however I can, and presently bounties are one of the best ways to achieve that

Anyways thanks all for reading my stupid rant about this stupid feud that means precisely nothing to anyone else besides the involved parties.

TL;DR: I bounty everyone that mugs me, and this kid was being an annoying little crap way before the situation escalated.

Side point: I always felt the really smart players just had their friends cash in the bounties anyways and then it's like they took money from me twice...

EDIT: I am deciding in the spirit of torn brotherhood and friendship that I am not going to continue this feud. Doesnt mean me and Chickenjoy will be painting each others nails anytime soon, but I will discontinue further bounties.

As Torn residents we shouldn't be directing our anger at each other....we should be directing it at Duke and that scumbag Leslie!

Leslie and his f*****g wheel have taken more millions from me than any mugger and choked me out more times than I can count (partly bcuz of the brain damage suffered from loss of oxygen) and I can never bounty him :(
Metalus [911572]
You made the issue ongoing by sliding into their chat box. Bountying is legal for any reason, as is mugging. You took money and they retaliated. You started the shit, you're at fault for making it ongoing. Bounties are one of the side effects of robbing people, go figure.

EDIT: After what Bender said lol, you're DEFINITELY at fault for this issue dragging on.
snowbeast [2173158] Moderator Official
Bender - you seem like a level headed guy, I think posting was a good idea as the community can get a good idea of who you are.

OP is definately in the wrong. Mugs a huge amount then cries and gets nasty when somebody retaliates - bit spoilt really.
Chickenjoy [2000212]
I didn't know your side of the story, Bender. I misjudged you very early on, hence why my very bitter response. For that, I'm sorry.

And point taken from all the responses. Yes, mugging is legal, but so was his response. That, I now know.

I've learned a lesson here. Thanks all for making me realize that. Doing my best to think and act better next time.