I need a little help. Last week I sold some points I had been saving for weeks so I can finally rent a private island, and begin making decent money. The buyer (_mattman) however, turned around and rezzed me, then mugged me immediately after. Not like i didn't expect that as I left rez on, but with me now needing to farm more points, I put my bounties on him (anon), and went back to selling... this is where my story starts.
He messaged me calling me dense, an idiot, noob, retard, I basically tell him he is a dick and to enjoy the bounties. He then decides 60 bounties is good for me, and dumps them on me, then asks me for my snapchat??? So I block him.
I say fine, whatever, and decide to wait it out... at my level, it's hard to keep myself from dying every 5 minutes I'm alive, so I wait a week or so. Midway through this week, he then mails me and asks for an apology... which I tell him he is a dick, deserves no apology, and to make his next message his last because he doesnt seem to understand I dont want to interact with him what so ever... and I block him there too.
Week is nearly ended, and I havnt played but to check the bounty count, but now I find 10 more? So this will never end, will it?
My question is how is this best handled? I feel like I'm being held down in this game by another player simply on a power trip and my only recourse is to just not play since... well it's hard to play while dead. Best part, cant use the PI benefits I JUST GOT either.
Now I'm not whining about rules, but I dont see how I can proceed in the game like this. Any advice?
Of course it will end. Just ride it out. He is no sharkeyfive.
if you are young or weak stay low. retaliations is for the strong or rich af players.
Just wait it out, he will eventually not care and get tired.
You should probably not contact him at all or allow him to contact you (by pressing the ignore button).
You should be more careful when selling stuff in the markets, to try and avoid getting buy mugged. Self-hosp or travel or something.
Well he did reportedly pay 13 mil for one person to do 10 100k not anon bounties... so it may end, but I'm not going to keep checking every week, lol.
And to those in that say apologize, I'm sorry... because I refuse to empower the power hungry and abusive. I'd rather leave the game, lol.
If you leave the game, they win.
Don't let them win.
Agreed, but I also have a life and if playing the game right now is like setting a timer for my next rez and hoping I dont get killed mid activity, which always happens, lol. Not much of a game....
setting a timer for my next rez and hoping I dont get killed mid activity
Sounds like good practice for elimination
I'm like less than #10 for number of bounties received in torn and it started since probably my 2nd or 3rd week. The reasons were more justifiable than yours but that doesn't mean it can in any way stop you from playing the game.
Just med out when you need to train/do crimes, then back you go. There's more than enough med cd for you to allow you to do everything on torn by medding out only when you need to.
He then decides 60 bounties is good for me, and dumps them on me, then asks me for my snapchat??? So I block him.
Also WTF lol
​
Welcome to the rest of your game. Enjoy.
I had someone attempt to bully me to remove them from my enemy list.
I thought it funny. And no, I'm not compliant.
Maybe you should consider that response.
Also, please don't call it harassment unless something along those lines actually happened, then report him.
Bounties =/= Harassment
It's a very serious word, shouldn't be painted by the same brush as getting bountied or whatever.
Bounties are part of the game, asking for snapchat info however is NOT.
I feel like you could have avoided the bounties by not placing any bounties yourself tbh.
I get that you wanna make the buy mugger suffer a little, but think about it a little. You've already lost cash from the mugging, why lose any more on bounties which won't really affect him? And then there's the fact that you're quite new, so you don't really have the cash or stats to push around anyone that isn't also a newbie. It's perfectly reasonable for him to bounty you back after you bounty him, regardless of how many he decides to place. Though he is a massive creep for asking for your snapchat straight after rofl. Says dense, noob, idiot and then says gimme snapchat as if that's the way to go about it lmfao that's a first for me.
Just learn from this experience. Don't bother placing bounties as a poor low stat noob. Just build up. Save these people on your blacklist and get em later when you actually have the brawn and cash to back it up. That way you also gain the benefit of avoiding stuff like bounties and perma hosp which really hurts as a newer player, but doesn't really do a thing as you get more used to the game.
Best dealt with buy not complaining on the forums. Almost always ends badly. Ignore let them waste money.
Oh man this story sounds too familier. Well if you need to save money then why bounty him. That's what you get for picking fights with someone alot stronger than u. So why cry and moan about it it's part of the game. Either invest some real money in dps and sell to bounty the shit out of him or just take it like a man. No good is gonna come out of crying and complaining.
He is a nobody.
knuckle down and get stronger than him.
I can now beat up players who used to bounty and attackk me, without them even damaging me. It is very satisfying
Click [ignore] and [report] on any 'good' mails/chats he sent you. ie the abusive ones
Also it goes without saying blacklist the boy.
Ankou0 disliked your post
Harassment Advice
So I wrote some stuff to try and help you get over your problem but one thing I didn't like was the casual use of the word harassment
That's something serious and should be dealt with strictly
when it actually happens.
Seems like you just want people to say aww, we're sorry you're getting "harassed" by the bounties.
FFS!
Mentions:
Harassment Advice
Use trusted buyers in the future. There are plenty with forum threads showing the positive feed back they get. Also can your faction members not have a word with him to try and broker peace?