Boris Protest
Started by PurpPurp [1990116] on in Politics & Law.
About this thread
Posts archived: 59 / 59 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 59
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 11 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 43 / 100
- Engagement score
- 72 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Gogs247 [1531870]
· 6 likes ·
People seem to like to protest everything nowadays. I mean, why would POTUS care if a few unemployed louts in Leeds or wherever with nothing better to do don't like him? Crazy, I just do not have enough free time … - Slider1338 [2362326]
· 5 likes ·
I read this morning that politicians called what Boris is doing "undemocratic." So Boris is undemocratic for shutting parliament down, to try and stop them from vetoing a democratic vote..... Right. I was against Brexit and I was against Trump … - AwakeNoWokeFail [79965]
· 5 likes ·
I believe you're not a corporation. But considering how ignorant your posts are...I think you may be Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Probably all of those people in that picture are from California and New York. Protester tourism. Hmm, that could become a thing.
Maybe because a no deal brexit is f**king stupid.
But I'm not a corporation.
But I'm not a corporation.
I believe you're not a corporation.
But considering how ignorant your posts are...I think you may be Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
But considering how ignorant your posts are...I think you may be Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Boris is like Trump
Born in New York
Conservative
Oxbridge educated
Very rich
Celebrity, celebrity family
Has more GFs, concubines and wives than royalty
Argumentative and capable of winning debates
Popular with enough of the population
Extravagant city development projects such as large bridges and 400k houses
This is a problem. Trump and Boris are very pro democracy, even when it is bad for the country long term. Take for instance Trump's attitude on Hispanic immigrants and hurricanes. He treats dead Hispanics in a way that is undignifying and immoral, he wants to nuke hurricanes. Why? Because his voters want him to. THAT IS MADNESS. He has no personal autonomy, he is a result of Republican voters. Johnson is like him. He is taking the UK out of the EU even though most economists and adults are telling him it's a bad idea. He's doing it anyway because the electorate has commanded him.
BORIS, the British electorate isn't always being serious about what they say or do or aren't completely aware of what's right for them. USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!!! DO NO HARM TO THE PUBLIC!!!!
The public capable of hilarious results. Anyone remember Boaty Mcboatface?
[image: nc3t.com]
Born in New York
Conservative
Oxbridge educated
Very rich
Celebrity, celebrity family
Has more GFs, concubines and wives than royalty
Argumentative and capable of winning debates
Popular with enough of the population
Extravagant city development projects such as large bridges and 400k houses
This is a problem. Trump and Boris are very pro democracy, even when it is bad for the country long term. Take for instance Trump's attitude on Hispanic immigrants and hurricanes. He treats dead Hispanics in a way that is undignifying and immoral, he wants to nuke hurricanes. Why? Because his voters want him to. THAT IS MADNESS. He has no personal autonomy, he is a result of Republican voters. Johnson is like him. He is taking the UK out of the EU even though most economists and adults are telling him it's a bad idea. He's doing it anyway because the electorate has commanded him.
BORIS, the British electorate isn't always being serious about what they say or do or aren't completely aware of what's right for them. USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!!! DO NO HARM TO THE PUBLIC!!!!
The public capable of hilarious results. Anyone remember Boaty Mcboatface?
[image: nc3t.com]
I read this morning that politicians called what Boris is doing "undemocratic." So Boris is undemocratic for shutting parliament down, to try and stop them from vetoing a democratic vote..... Right.
I was against Brexit and I was against Trump in the USA. But now I want both to be huge successes so that democracy proves it really does exist. We can't pander to the loudest minority.
I was against Brexit and I was against Trump in the USA. But now I want both to be huge successes so that democracy proves it really does exist. We can't pander to the loudest minority.
Don't be ridiculous. Comparing naming a boat to comparing leaving the EU is a weak straw man argument.
You say the "economists l" and "adults" are saying Brexit is a bad idea, but I have different words for them. Globalist' and elitist'
Maybe the fact that our democracy is a joke is the reason that people can't even take naming a boat seriously. It's a symptom and mockery of our "supposed" voices.
You say the "economists l" and "adults" are saying Brexit is a bad idea, but I have different words for them. Globalist' and elitist'
Maybe the fact that our democracy is a joke is the reason that people can't even take naming a boat seriously. It's a symptom and mockery of our "supposed" voices.
I used to respect your posts until now. What happened?
Parliament isn't blocking Brexit. It's trying to block no-deal Brexit.
I am opposed to Brexit because I don't like uncertainty and recession and bad governance. There are a lot of people whose opinion has changed since the referendum.
@Sekhmet, I don't live my life guided by popularity and what guests want me to do. I do what I feel like doing.
If the largest population had high influence on me, I'd be guided by Chinese global opinion rather than the prosperity and peace created by sensible people.
I am opposed to Brexit because I don't like uncertainty and recession and bad governance. There are a lot of people whose opinion has changed since the referendum.
@Sekhmet, I don't live my life guided by popularity and what guests want me to do. I do what I feel like doing.
If the largest population had high influence on me, I'd be guided by Chinese global opinion rather than the prosperity and peace created by sensible people.
Dude, when England abandons the EU bs and Trump tells China to f**k off...trade with 'free world' countries will improve.
I don't live my life by popularity either, here or in real life. I don't do guests...pain in the asses, everyone of them.
And isn't the popular thing to do these days is demonize a man who is trying to fix our country with absolutely no help from demonrats and too many RINO's?
f**k off, punk
I don't live my life by popularity either, here or in real life. I don't do guests...pain in the asses, everyone of them.
And isn't the popular thing to do these days is demonize a man who is trying to fix our country with absolutely no help from demonrats and too many RINO's?
f**k off, punk
I wouldn't agree that it's "undemocratic", as he's perfectly allowed to do so based off parliamentary convention. I don't particularly agree that this strategy that will lead to reduced debate time is going to be, in hindsight, better for the people of the UK. I would more likely consider his action as reckless or willingly pursuing and obstructing debate towards adopting the no-deal option. Furthermore, Boris hasn't been elected, he was appointed by his own party which is a distinction that should be made. The fact that the two recent leaders guiding the UK through Brexit haven't even been elected in a general election but appointed by their own party members which represent a tiny percentage of the overall population simply highlights the need for public accountability and desired legitimacy. The last elected leader resigned as a result of the Brexit referendum and the party's been floundering and fracturing in its efforts to respond appropriately ever since.
It's far too late for a follow-up referendum on the actual deals being proposed and the appointed leader seems to think having nothing in place when they crash out is more prudent then having a bare minimum agreement in place. It's not like the UK isn't going to keep trading with the EU and it's not like a bunch of time negotiating the follow-up agreements and incorporating them into the a deal pre-Brexit isn't in the UK's best interest. I suppose the idea that BJ and co. are thinking is that once they are no longer bound by any agreements with the EU that they'll be in a stronger position to negotiate, which may be the case, but the wider business community is going to shy away from all the risk entailed with trading and operating within the UK and the outside which is likely to be far more damaging to the UK.
It's far too late for a follow-up referendum on the actual deals being proposed and the appointed leader seems to think having nothing in place when they crash out is more prudent then having a bare minimum agreement in place. It's not like the UK isn't going to keep trading with the EU and it's not like a bunch of time negotiating the follow-up agreements and incorporating them into the a deal pre-Brexit isn't in the UK's best interest. I suppose the idea that BJ and co. are thinking is that once they are no longer bound by any agreements with the EU that they'll be in a stronger position to negotiate, which may be the case, but the wider business community is going to shy away from all the risk entailed with trading and operating within the UK and the outside which is likely to be far more damaging to the UK.
Business is already planning to leave:
"Nearly one in three British businesses are planning to relocate some of their operations abroad or have already shifted them to cope with a hard Brexit, according to a leading lobby group.
The Institute of Directors (IoD) warned that 29% of firms in a survey of 1,200 members believed Brexit posed a significant risk to their operations in the UK and had either moved part of their businesses abroad already or were planning to do so."
"More than one in 10 had already set up operations outside the UK as the prospect of a no-deal Brexit becomes more likely amid Westminster gridlock. Most firms considering a move were looking to open offices inside the European Union, said the IoD, which represents 30,000 firms."
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/01/one-three-uk-firms-activate-plans-move-operations-abroad-no-deal-brexit-iod-survey
Companies like calm predictable waters, which the UK can't offer now.
Well, we sure as hell can use some work over here in Spain so those companies will be welcomed with open arms.
"Nearly one in three British businesses are planning to relocate some of their operations abroad or have already shifted them to cope with a hard Brexit, according to a leading lobby group.
The Institute of Directors (IoD) warned that 29% of firms in a survey of 1,200 members believed Brexit posed a significant risk to their operations in the UK and had either moved part of their businesses abroad already or were planning to do so."
"More than one in 10 had already set up operations outside the UK as the prospect of a no-deal Brexit becomes more likely amid Westminster gridlock. Most firms considering a move were looking to open offices inside the European Union, said the IoD, which represents 30,000 firms."
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/01/one-three-uk-firms-activate-plans-move-operations-abroad-no-deal-brexit-iod-survey
Companies like calm predictable waters, which the UK can't offer now.
Well, we sure as hell can use some work over here in Spain so those companies will be welcomed with open arms.
Agreed. Good post.
not stupid at all.
best option currently for all, other than perhaps maybe UN ushered migrants.
best option currently for all, other than perhaps maybe UN ushered migrants.
Look at all those unhappy faces.
If we are going to hell with a no deal I'm just glad Boris is leading us into it. Atleast the parties will be good as we burn...
from what i saw. boris acted more like a leader during the debates then that hunt guy. not saying i like boris. its none of my business, but i got the impression that boris had more control. mike was just trying to make boris look bad, while boris talked more about doing things. it kinda reminded me of mitt romney vs obama sorta
Who's Mike?
my bad. i meant jeremy hunt.
You're good if you did that on purpose. I'm impressed.