convince me in 20 words or less to join it
[Site] Torn Stats 2.0 [Dark Mode]
Started by IceBlueFire [776] Officer on in Tools & Userscripts.
Posts archived: 354 / 354 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I'll do it in two. Are you ready?
I'm there.
I'm there.
For the past week or so the site has said
"Just a friendly reminder: Please make sure you have an up-to-date email listed in your User Settings. Thanks!"
at the top. Is this going to go away eventually? Why's my e-mail so important anyway; account recovery?
"Just a friendly reminder: Please make sure you have an up-to-date email listed in your User Settings. Thanks!"
at the top. Is this going to go away eventually? Why's my e-mail so important anyway; account recovery?
You'd be amazed at how many people don't remember or have the wrong email saved in their settings. I'm just trying to raise awareness and get people to make sure their details are up to date. But yes, it will go away at some point.
I know we already briefly spoke about this on chat but I thought I would pop it down here as others may see it and it may serve as a reminder,
I Just wanted to suggest a potential feature for tornstats; A page that takes all your positions in the different leaderboards (which you already have up) and shows you your different position in the different fields that have a Title attached to them. example:
Riot:
#780 Bounties recieved (Outcast title) (Current Title)
#1500 Stalemates (Tank title)
#2000 Defends Won (Antagonist title)
#4000 Respect gained (Soldier title)
I believe this would be a great addition to the site, a lot of people care about their titles and would love to see side by side comparisons of how close they are to the different titles.
Cheers
I Just wanted to suggest a potential feature for tornstats; A page that takes all your positions in the different leaderboards (which you already have up) and shows you your different position in the different fields that have a Title attached to them. example:
Riot:
#780 Bounties recieved (Outcast title) (Current Title)
#1500 Stalemates (Tank title)
#2000 Defends Won (Antagonist title)
#4000 Respect gained (Soldier title)
I believe this would be a great addition to the site, a lot of people care about their titles and would love to see side by side comparisons of how close they are to the different titles.
Cheers
I feel like a general overview would be the best, with the titles ones at the top or somewhere seperate.
By popular request, i've added the Company Cost Calculator to the main page (The bottom right section of this screenshot).
[image: i.gyazo.com]
Found under Companies -> Torn Companies
[image: i.gyazo.com]
Found under Companies -> Torn Companies
I forgot torn stats password, and every time i tried forgot password, a message shows that " password has been sent to your mail". But i never received one.
I can't able to create a new account also.
I can't able to create a new account also.
Did you check your spam folder and are you sure it's being sent to the right email? Mail me if you're still having issues.
My API key isn't working on Torn Stats and I think it's because I entered my Torn ID incorrectly(?). Is there a way to fix this?
Mail me with the ID you used (the wrong one) and i'll fix it.
Would you be open to add something like you have for factions, but for companies? For example, if you're in a faction on TornStats you're able to view your faction members battle stats and stuff like that, could you do the same but we could see the addiction of our employees?
Basically when they join they allow us to view their need for rehab like it is with battle stats for factions.
If that makes sense, lol.
Basically when they join they allow us to view their need for rehab like it is with battle stats for factions.
If that makes sense, lol.
A word on what happened recently
As we have all felt lately, the server has been struggling drastically to keep up with the load it's been under, emphasized by the added load that comes with Elimination and the additional profile pages being loaded, etc. This has caused me to move forward prematurely with updating some of the software on the server (get it back into the current century). However, because of this rushed approached, you may have noticed an excessive amount of instability this weekend. I apologize sincerely for these additional struggles.
What I Did
As i mentioned, the software on the server was horrifically out of date. To be completely clear here, it was still running Ubuntu 14.04 and still leaning on php 5.6, which for those in the know, understand the many fall-backs that came with this. It was long overdue to get this thing caught back up to date. So, over the weekend, i've been working on getting the server to Ubuntu 16.04 and once this is more stable, i'll be getting it to the recommended version of 18.04. I've also migrated the site to PHP 7, which is where most of the issues had fallen. This caused not a ton of issues, but a few of the core systems started to fail while i was busy this weekend. These have been mostly corrected now, but there may still be issues of instability or broken features.
What Now
One of the core features that broke over the weekend was my core API system. Many of you have noticed that specific features weren't working like the awards tracker, or the company updating system. Unfortunately part of the problem with this was it started flagging API Keys as invalid, and started clearing them out. What this means is that you'll need to go back in and enter your key again (or log in again with DoctorN). I know this is a pain in the ass, and again, i'm sincerely sorry for the additional struggles caused by this.
Looking Forward
As mentioned, i'm slowly migrating all the software to be better and more stable, and hopefully, get better performance out of the system. I've enlisted some help in helping guide me through optimizing the server to make sure i'm getting the best possible use out of it. I'm a web developer by trade, and I know enough to get through a server, but i'm definitely not a server admin by any stretch of the word. I appreciate the help i've received so far, and i will continue to try and make improvements in this area. If necessary, i'll analyze whether a more powerful server is required on top of all of this to restore the system to a quality you guys have grown accustomed to and deserve.
Company Directors
As mentioned, your API key was probably wiped out from the system. With that, there's also probably a few days of missing data. Unfortunately i can't recover missing days of data. However, once you enter your API key again, once you go back to the company page, you'll be prompted to "create a company". Once you click this, it will re-activate your old company and restore whatever available logs i have for you.
I know there's also an issue with some days doubling the data - This is a separate issue that hopefully improvements in performance will resolve in the interim, but the core issue will still need to be resolved once i get things more stable once again.
In Conclusion
I'm sorry for all the struggles lately. The neglecting of the server software is entirely my fault and i knew it'd catch up with me sooner or later. I hope to have things more stable very shortly (Notice, didn't use Soon™). I appreciate everybody for sticking through this with me and for the countless messages i have received with reported issues. I know it's repetitive and i'll get back to you guys all soon (Probably directing you guys here, heh), but i still appreciate the feedback and the notice of something being broken, even if i may already know.
As I work through this, please continue to tell me if you find something broken. It's going to be a bit of a process here and i'm just a single person trying to work through this while also having a life, but i can only test so much and things will slip through the cracks. Thank you.
TL;DR: I'm sorry for the recent struggles, please update/re-enter your API key, things will be better soon. I appreciate all of you sticking through this with me.
As we have all felt lately, the server has been struggling drastically to keep up with the load it's been under, emphasized by the added load that comes with Elimination and the additional profile pages being loaded, etc. This has caused me to move forward prematurely with updating some of the software on the server (get it back into the current century). However, because of this rushed approached, you may have noticed an excessive amount of instability this weekend. I apologize sincerely for these additional struggles.
What I Did
As i mentioned, the software on the server was horrifically out of date. To be completely clear here, it was still running Ubuntu 14.04 and still leaning on php 5.6, which for those in the know, understand the many fall-backs that came with this. It was long overdue to get this thing caught back up to date. So, over the weekend, i've been working on getting the server to Ubuntu 16.04 and once this is more stable, i'll be getting it to the recommended version of 18.04. I've also migrated the site to PHP 7, which is where most of the issues had fallen. This caused not a ton of issues, but a few of the core systems started to fail while i was busy this weekend. These have been mostly corrected now, but there may still be issues of instability or broken features.
What Now
One of the core features that broke over the weekend was my core API system. Many of you have noticed that specific features weren't working like the awards tracker, or the company updating system. Unfortunately part of the problem with this was it started flagging API Keys as invalid, and started clearing them out. What this means is that you'll need to go back in and enter your key again (or log in again with DoctorN). I know this is a pain in the ass, and again, i'm sincerely sorry for the additional struggles caused by this.
Looking Forward
As mentioned, i'm slowly migrating all the software to be better and more stable, and hopefully, get better performance out of the system. I've enlisted some help in helping guide me through optimizing the server to make sure i'm getting the best possible use out of it. I'm a web developer by trade, and I know enough to get through a server, but i'm definitely not a server admin by any stretch of the word. I appreciate the help i've received so far, and i will continue to try and make improvements in this area. If necessary, i'll analyze whether a more powerful server is required on top of all of this to restore the system to a quality you guys have grown accustomed to and deserve.
Company Directors
As mentioned, your API key was probably wiped out from the system. With that, there's also probably a few days of missing data. Unfortunately i can't recover missing days of data. However, once you enter your API key again, once you go back to the company page, you'll be prompted to "create a company". Once you click this, it will re-activate your old company and restore whatever available logs i have for you.
I know there's also an issue with some days doubling the data - This is a separate issue that hopefully improvements in performance will resolve in the interim, but the core issue will still need to be resolved once i get things more stable once again.
In Conclusion
I'm sorry for all the struggles lately. The neglecting of the server software is entirely my fault and i knew it'd catch up with me sooner or later. I hope to have things more stable very shortly (Notice, didn't use Soon™). I appreciate everybody for sticking through this with me and for the countless messages i have received with reported issues. I know it's repetitive and i'll get back to you guys all soon (Probably directing you guys here, heh), but i still appreciate the feedback and the notice of something being broken, even if i may already know.
As I work through this, please continue to tell me if you find something broken. It's going to be a bit of a process here and i'm just a single person trying to work through this while also having a life, but i can only test so much and things will slip through the cracks. Thank you.
TL;DR: I'm sorry for the recent struggles, please update/re-enter your API key, things will be better soon. I appreciate all of you sticking through this with me.
You're doing an amazing job yo.
You will get there. It's definitely better than it was on Friday!
Keep it up mate
You will get there. It's definitely better than it was on Friday!
Keep it up mate
Love you IBF. Tornstats is a gift from the gods.
Thanks for the update.. Appreciate what you are doing. I too am king of procrastination sometimes.. Great source of info to dedicated players. Keep it up!!
Thanks for all your hard work. Just to let you know the script part that should be coming up when I run an oc to upload the oc to Torn Stats is not coming up. The part to upload my battle stats is showing up and working fine.
Thanks, i'll look into this!
stick at it :) many thanks
This is amazing - https://www.tornstats.com/flowers.php
Could the drugs list be added if possible? Thanks
Could the drugs list be added if possible? Thanks