If you've ever participated in Elimination, you know how hard it is to keep leaks to a minimum and how near impossible it is to out a spy. But what if I told you, that you could still be spied on even without either of those things?
Shortly after sending the message that we'd be farming through Keyboard Warriors until the end of the hour in Elimination chat to prepare Band of Mothers, I get a message randomly from a Keyboard Warriors member with a message along the lines of "How about NO? Leave us alone" right after they had sent me my own message to me.
I honestly think nothing of it, because at the time I just think it's a spy doing their work and we'd have to adjust accordingly. A little banter later, and I get "We have all your chats open though. Almost every team we have chats open". With my curiosity peaking, I ask for a screenshot and get this:
[image: media.discordapp.net]
My first thought is that it's similar to how a Discord server can pull the chat log from Global and Trade, but instead...It's Elimination chat. My second thought is "If they can do this for Elimination, why couldn't they do it for any faction?" After asking others if it was a elaborate prank or if I should message bogie, the decision is made to message bogie. Here is the chat:
[image: i.gyazo.com]
I honestly consider this the end of the road. But the longer it goes on, the longer it starts to pick at me that it isn't right. It's a clear advantage over the rest of the field. The game play is to get unsuspecting people to download a script thinking it does one thing while in the background does another (pull Elimination chat logs). So I talk to Lilly, who thinks similarly and messages IceBlueFire. These are her screenshots:
[image: i.gyazo.com]
[image: i.gyazo.com]
And on that note, I figured it was in Torn's best interest to do as said and take it to the forums. Do you find it acceptable for any Elimination team to take certain steps like these to help win?
Shortly after sending the message that we'd be farming through Keyboard Warriors until the end of the hour in Elimination chat to prepare Band of Mothers, I get a message randomly from a Keyboard Warriors member with a message along the lines of "How about NO? Leave us alone" right after they had sent me my own message to me.
I honestly think nothing of it, because at the time I just think it's a spy doing their work and we'd have to adjust accordingly. A little banter later, and I get "We have all your chats open though. Almost every team we have chats open". With my curiosity peaking, I ask for a screenshot and get this:
[image: media.discordapp.net]
My first thought is that it's similar to how a Discord server can pull the chat log from Global and Trade, but instead...It's Elimination chat. My second thought is "If they can do this for Elimination, why couldn't they do it for any faction?" After asking others if it was a elaborate prank or if I should message bogie, the decision is made to message bogie. Here is the chat:
[image: i.gyazo.com]
I honestly consider this the end of the road. But the longer it goes on, the longer it starts to pick at me that it isn't right. It's a clear advantage over the rest of the field. The game play is to get unsuspecting people to download a script thinking it does one thing while in the background does another (pull Elimination chat logs). So I talk to Lilly, who thinks similarly and messages IceBlueFire. These are her screenshots:
[image: i.gyazo.com]
[image: i.gyazo.com]
And on that note, I figured it was in Torn's best interest to do as said and take it to the forums. Do you find it acceptable for any Elimination team to take certain steps like these to help win?