Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

NEGATIVE CASH

Started by il_Lupo [2327838] on in Questions & Answers.

23 replies · 609 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

il_Lupo [2327838]
Someone RMT's, Person A 'sells' person B 50b. I mug them randomly and get 1b. I buy a tonne of erotic DVD's and xanax to train. Would I wake up to 1b in red cash?

Just saw someone MAYBE RMT'ing and was wondering whether or not it's worth the mug.
No_yolo_plz [1889385]
I cant say for certain, but yes you would probably end up with negative cash, although you wont be able to mug them for 1bil anyways due to logarithmic mugging percentage.
Owen [2087327]
Yes, because that money has been traded for real money it will be removed from the game, regardless where it ends up
Ac3to [2196357]
Yes you would.

I'm sure Proxima would be happy to discuss a similar instance that happened to him...

To be specific, he was stripped of (I think) billions of Russian Roulette winnings that was won from someone who acquired it illegally.
il_Lupo [2327838]
But my losses would not be refunded? Yes I remember reading something Proxima posted actually. Thanks for your help and support guys. I mean I have not mugged them but for sure they took some money off me lol.
Robbo [1826175]
Yes that is neg cash and no, ched dont give a f**k about losses or missing energy, only his illicit funds.

Report his ass, when his account gets f**ked up you'll have your revenge.
Tyler [23890]
The only loss in your example would be 25E. You'd be $-XXX on hand, but would have that same value in Xan/Dvds. Sell those items and you'd be back to 0.
PatBenatar [420347]
Feels wrong it is wrong. I would be afraid getting charged with middleman. I would seek out a officer ASAP and ask how do they wish to handle it,
il_Lupo [2327838]
Thanks once again guys. Apparently he isn’t RMT’ing. Well that’s what the report says anyway.

Whos ready for me to mug him for 5b, then in 2 months get -5b because it’s illicit funds and make a forum post whining about it xD
Owen [2087327]
Hey, I remember seeing something like this before... something about green lighting and retroactive action
Alexis [29052]
Mugging someone isn't against the rules, so as long as you report someone if you are suspicious, you won't get a fed sentence (probably). Then you can use that money to make money, and then if it gets clawed back, you'll at least be in the green overall.
Viracocha [1772040]
so essentially you are wondering if someone robs a bank in RL and you mug them, are you in the clear...

I think you answered your own question.

If you suspect with basis, someone is RMTing, you should report and walk away.