Looking at all your stats it seems you never really took Torn serious enough to appreciate it.
-500 trades
-500 revives
-Never more then 1b networth
-280 xanax
-117 time travelled
-5000 crimes done
-2,3k respect gained
"I've been a Trader, Healer, Fighter, and so on."
You might have done some of that, but you've never taken any of them serious. Try to work towards all merits and you'll soon find yourself playing torn a whole lot different then you do now. There is still SO much to do for you and you're bored already? If that's really true, perhaps finding a different game would be best. This is Torn, you have to find your own fun, because it certainly isn't training battle stats and crimes what brings fun.
-Here is some goals for you to give you excitement:
-Get 10k respect (farming walls is still hard work)
-Get 10k revives
-Get the fly merit for some countries
-Try to find the stat in torn you're best in and see if you can make it to top 50 in Tornstats HoF
I accept everything
I spent part of last week with my faction leader investigating The Mystery of the Multiplying Factions. I couldn't tell you the details, but we definitely got a kick out of investigating it.
Torn's never had particularly great mechanics as a game. They're enough to appreciate, but the real fun has always been in dealing with the community whenever someone starts shit.
Faction chat keeps everything alive.
Love my birbs. <3
Any game/hobby is as fun as you allow it to be. If your game/hobby doesn’t have that fun factor in it, then it becomes a chore. I don’t know about you, but I only do chores out of necessity, like housework and grocery shopping fml! I need to hire a maid! It’s on my bucket list for sure.
If Torn has lost its fun factor, time to look somewhere else to fulfil your enjoyment. That’s not suggesting to self fed and quit, maybe take a break and come back in a few weeks or months.
I have lost count of the amount of games I have played religiously and lost enjoyment playing them. So I switch to a different title and usually find when I go back to that dull af boring game I played a few months back it’s finally regained its zing and becomes fun again.
Well, I have to agree.
Torn is boring. You're right about it. Most of the people are here because of old friends and their faction.
Edit: Maybe not most, but I know many. Including me.
You will be punish
I struggle, to be honest.
On the one hand, I love the game I haven't been here for this long if I didn't. But on the other hand, RL is limiting my commitment I can give the game. This rules out a lot of the fun I used to have.
Running a faction? Not possible. Building a company, quite a huge challenge. I loved elimination, where I have what I could... but I also met some passive aggressiveness for simply staring my limitations. And frankly, I was relieved when it ended as it was, indeed, quite hard to combine with my responsibilities.
I am looking for something fun to do, which doesn't require 24/7 presence (and doesn't involve forum-bitchfights)....
Training and pushing players nerves to get a rise out of them. Its what brings me excitement. How upset and angry a person behind that screen can actually get over a game is beyond me.
Except for all the DB's getting dropped, nothing you're complaining about is any different than its ever been.
There's ALWAYS been noobs in trade chat begging. There's ALWAYS been 60 day old players with stupid high nets. And there's ALWAYS been whiny GD posts by people who claim Torn is worse than its ever been.
But when you quit, can I haz ur stuffz?
Speaking of "multiplying factions"...found this little gem of a faction when I did a reference check on El Condor leaders, who bounce between a tiny unknown faction regularly:
PeeTee
Yet another R* sub....
Mentions:
Volatile Element [14441]
Compensating for lack of substance
Yeah I think Torn is boring, but chasing merits kind of helps me, and finding out new things I didn't know about before, helps to.
Get strong and start fights with people. Instant fun
I understand this completely.
I took a month or two off torn earlier in the year as it just didn’t excite me at all.
Just gotta try something different, out of your comfort zone. And stop going to the casino lol xD
maybe you should try traveling to work on those merits and increase your 19 million net worth . How do you even lose a few billion everyday in russian roulette , when i doesn't even look like you can afford to play it
Elimination is the only fun I have in Torn.
It's gone so ... I just log on to train and use my nerve. Rinse and repeat daily. My goal that keeps me logging on is to see my battle stats go up. There's no other content there and there won't be until warring is worth doing.
Cause some drama, that's always entertaining.
Ok hun
you want punish too?
:)