Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Useless crimes?

Started by CoolguyRuler [2183404] on in General Discussion.

43 replies · 1.4k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 44 / 44 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

iribuya [2103695]
With 14 years of 20% inflation per year that should be 128k per arson warehouse in 2019 (starting at $10,000 payout 14 years ago). Can't Ched just fix all normal crimes with an inflation Calc?
Seamen [2307728]
Yeah and just like in RL crimes do adjust for inflation. Nobody would transport drugs for less than a candy worth.
Mlkey [1915577]
if you want to do crimes for money the do the risky one's , but a majority of people do crimes for the merits and to experience to get on a pa team.
ChaosReigns [2169241]
I hate getting busted for trying to courier an entire truck load of cocaine all for a measly $800. This is Torn, not god damn Bolivia! Outrageous cheap labour that is!
Riot [974353]
You think people do crimes to make money, LOL what do you think this is some sort of crime game?!??!

But seriously, it's piss poor and I hope it changes in 2.0.

15,000 Arsons later and probably more than most people (#1712) have done in this game and I am only $150,000,000 richer for it.
Orionis [1924258]
The payout on crimes definitely seems underwhelming at first... but right now, I'm pretty happy with crimes. I got my CE up and joined a Law Firm for PA goodness (see below), and I'm working on GTA crime merits so crimes is actually providing a useful amount of income at this point!

Though since going back to GTA crimes, I've actually not sold any of the cars I've stolen, so I have over 4000 cars to sell. When I do: Are you sure you would like to sell the following items? Total Profit: $108,822,500

[image: i.imgur.com]
Owen [2087327]
Safe crimes arent supposed to generate a lot of money, that's why the minimum for parked car gta is like 8k. Safe crimes are for building NNB to do PA, if you want money do 18 nerve fbi hack at 45nnb
Indubitably [2117849]
Make 10,000$ for sure or make a 50-200k with a minimum 50% failure rate. Do it for a few weeks, and make that a 80%+ failure rate. All the while losing years of CE experience.

It's genius. Great advice Mikey, you cracked the code. It's almost like I didn't say crimes are only profitable to get to PA's or something. Why would someone ruin years of work for 10M in crimes money when you can just do safe crimes until you can do PA's?

Answer that to see why crimes is shit.
Queequeg [1602158]
Same here with the PAs, except I didn't save the events....that would have been smart. I make alot from PAs though and I think it's because I've done thousands of these arsons.
Richie_ [2402308]
I think there is no such thing as useless crimes, you always gain something doing them, crime experience for Example, as low as it might be