I am aware, but many vegan/vegetarians I've met don't know about cruelty free products. Also, it's the bigger issue the US has, and China maybe. Because EU doesn't allow testing on animals. However, another issue is some companies claim to be cruelty free yet on China market they pay local companies to do the test. Small percent of vegans I met were aware of the issues in general, while bigger percent just wanted it cus it's 'cool', healthy.... hipsters.
Going Vegan
Started by Dondada [2048116] on in General Non-related.
Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I know some vegetarian ppl. Take it step by step. You can't just jump into being full time vegan or even vegetarian at all (they are different). Try starting with avoiding pork & beef then fish then other products which involve animals in the production (sauces, pasta/noodle dishes) before you go skipping eggs, cheese, and other dairy stuff.
Also yes, watch out for your vitamins/supplements or else things would surely get out of balance.
Also yes, watch out for your vitamins/supplements or else things would surely get out of balance.
With or without electric stun?
Eat right. Exercise. Be positive, and your body will last you a life time... meat or no meat.
And don't forget... all those veggies are covered in tiny microscopic living creatures, which you will be eating, so no one is ever truly a vegan.
And don't forget... all those veggies are covered in tiny microscopic living creatures, which you will be eating, so no one is ever truly a vegan.
So eggs don't involve harming animals, alright.
To have enough chicken to lay eggs, they need also a lot of new chicks. Usually the chance to get a chicken is 50/50. The roosters aren't allowed to live. They are usually killed right away, for example by shredding them alive.
Chicken for the egg industry usually don't get older than 1 year. If they don't die earlier from exhaustion or sicknesses.
Too lazy to translate everything from my native language, so if you're really interested, then look it up how chicken are hurt for eggs.
Honey is a different story. It should be the food for bees. Instead it's taken away and they get less nutritional stuff like sugar water. Further, the bees wings of the queen are often shortened to prevent her to leave the beehive with her bees. If a new queen is born, the older one gets killed. Also to prevent that the bees leave and find another place to live.
Btw, non-vegan here.
To have enough chicken to lay eggs, they need also a lot of new chicks. Usually the chance to get a chicken is 50/50. The roosters aren't allowed to live. They are usually killed right away, for example by shredding them alive.
Chicken for the egg industry usually don't get older than 1 year. If they don't die earlier from exhaustion or sicknesses.
Too lazy to translate everything from my native language, so if you're really interested, then look it up how chicken are hurt for eggs.
Honey is a different story. It should be the food for bees. Instead it's taken away and they get less nutritional stuff like sugar water. Further, the bees wings of the queen are often shortened to prevent her to leave the beehive with her bees. If a new queen is born, the older one gets killed. Also to prevent that the bees leave and find another place to live.
Btw, non-vegan here.
A queen will make one mating fly in her lifetime once she is born. After that the only time a queen will leave is if the hive is overcrowded. Then the queen and SOME of the other bees will swarm to a new location. The bees left in the hive will start to make new queen cells for a new queen to be born. Once you have a strong laying queen you must keep a eye on the hive to make sure they don't fill up all the frames and have room for the queen to lay.
If a hive does swarm you will be left with workers and drones. If they do not sense the queens pheromones they will start working to make new queen cells. There are usually multiple queen cells made in the hive. Hopefully the one that hatches first isn't a unfertilized queen. If it is, you will then only get drones which don't do anything but eat and mate with other queens.
Taking honey from bees DOES NOT HURT them at all if done correctly. If you don't take honey from the hive it will become overcrowded and the hive will swarm. This is NOT what you want if you have a very nice laying queen. You can provide more frames for the bees and this will help also.
When taking honey from the bees you always leave SOME in the hive 3-4 frames worth. You also must provide the bees with more than just sugar water. Protein patties are a must in the winter when pollen is not around. This is where the bees will get there there protein substitutes. You also will not feed bees sugar water all year long. In the spring and fall when the honey flow is going. You don't want sugar water in the hives. This will lead to your honey only being sugar water. Because the bees will not be creating the honey from nectar. They will instead be making it from the sugar water.
In the end bees are just dumb insects that need the help of humans to survive. The honey bee was not a native animal to North America. They were brought over on boats from Europe.
If a hive does swarm you will be left with workers and drones. If they do not sense the queens pheromones they will start working to make new queen cells. There are usually multiple queen cells made in the hive. Hopefully the one that hatches first isn't a unfertilized queen. If it is, you will then only get drones which don't do anything but eat and mate with other queens.
Taking honey from bees DOES NOT HURT them at all if done correctly. If you don't take honey from the hive it will become overcrowded and the hive will swarm. This is NOT what you want if you have a very nice laying queen. You can provide more frames for the bees and this will help also.
When taking honey from the bees you always leave SOME in the hive 3-4 frames worth. You also must provide the bees with more than just sugar water. Protein patties are a must in the winter when pollen is not around. This is where the bees will get there there protein substitutes. You also will not feed bees sugar water all year long. In the spring and fall when the honey flow is going. You don't want sugar water in the hives. This will lead to your honey only being sugar water. Because the bees will not be creating the honey from nectar. They will instead be making it from the sugar water.
In the end bees are just dumb insects that need the help of humans to survive. The honey bee was not a native animal to North America. They were brought over on boats from Europe.
At some point in my life, I will make the transition to become a vegetarian.
Hold on a second! Just because it works that way in the US, doesn't mean it works the same for the other countries. The US is all cruel when it comes to the animals, doesn't matter wether it is the tests done on them, or farms. I think that's an issue and in some other countries perhaps in Asia. Europe is different when it comes to animals. The eggs I buy, I know they weren't gotten this way for sure, since I buy from the people who keep them in a backyard, and they don't have all the time eggs to sell, nor meat.... And about honey, couldn't care less I'm highly allergic to it, as to many other food, so I don't have much of a choice. I am tired of reading labels all the time, whenever I want to buy food, and asking people if they used ingredients I am allergic to, especially the shops with healthy, vegan food.
I am from Europe. So don't try to tell me that animals are treated better here.
Where I am from, they are. Because nobody here wants nor has such amount of money for all that things.
I find it pointless. You were made with teeth that are for meat and vegetables. Plus you are killing the things that give us oxygen at a faster rate
I'm a lacto vegetarian. I can have dairy, but not eggs.
Tried a vegan diet, but couldn't keep it going for long, mostly due to my own discipline. I have, however, reduced the consumption of dairy overall.
Tried a vegan diet, but couldn't keep it going for long, mostly due to my own discipline. I have, however, reduced the consumption of dairy overall.
Listen to joe rogan podcast 1389.. de bunks gamechanger documentary..
A balanced diet of fruit vegetables and meat is the best thing for your body..
Travis Barker known vegan.. had to eat meat to heal from the plane crash..
Wild meat/grass fed is really the way to go..
A balanced diet of fruit vegetables and meat is the best thing for your body..
Travis Barker known vegan.. had to eat meat to heal from the plane crash..
Wild meat/grass fed is really the way to go..
Eat whatever the hell you want just don't going forcing it onto others.
For the first 16 years of my life I went to my dad's dairy farm every weekend. Fairly often after that to help out, as well.
And I'm just always learning so much on the internet about how it all works!
I'm constantly astounded by how cruel I'm told that we are to the animals, and how many practices I'd never heard of until I was being chastised on the interwebs for them.
It's crazy how I've never seen any of this stuff even though I've helped in every aspect on the farm.
Thanks for opening my eyes, everyone. Sometimes I have conversations with the animals about how tough they have it. They love me anyway. Must be Stockholm Syndrome.
And I'm just always learning so much on the internet about how it all works!
I'm constantly astounded by how cruel I'm told that we are to the animals, and how many practices I'd never heard of until I was being chastised on the interwebs for them.
It's crazy how I've never seen any of this stuff even though I've helped in every aspect on the farm.
Thanks for opening my eyes, everyone. Sometimes I have conversations with the animals about how tough they have it. They love me anyway. Must be Stockholm Syndrome.
Eat bacon, don't give a f**k and gorge on burgers. Your body still lasts your life time...
Know which one I'll pick...
Know which one I'll pick...
Yeah, that was the joke.
I would pick the latter as well if feeling like crap all the time didn't go along with it for me. I don't care how long I live, but I do care how I feel while I live.
Happy New Year.
I would pick the latter as well if feeling like crap all the time didn't go along with it for me. I don't care how long I live, but I do care how I feel while I live.
Happy New Year.
cruelty free products...
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ya ok,
Unless you are growing your own veggies, and not relying on any outside sources for any resource, you likely are indirectly participating in some form of cruelty. Maybe that transport truck hauling in your veggies from the desert in Southern Cal, and all that implies might help you source out your guilt more directly.
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ya ok,
Unless you are growing your own veggies, and not relying on any outside sources for any resource, you likely are indirectly participating in some form of cruelty. Maybe that transport truck hauling in your veggies from the desert in Southern Cal, and all that implies might help you source out your guilt more directly.
Impossible meat.