Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn CHRISTMAS POEM - 2019 Edition

Started by Thrie [148961] Moderator on in Community Events.

299 replies · 7.65k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 300 / 300 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
300
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
48 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
89 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Greenknightsea [1977888] ×2 CptPimp [2103980] ×2 Dark-Sentry [2191902] ×2 CONY_CAGE [2230895] ×2 RobberHood [2361494] ×2 Misana [2375027] ×2 DocRickSanchez [2379177] ×2 Spatersoe [2412267] ×2 SETHF2P [2413210] ×2 HamCannon [2429507] ×2 Cuneiform [2433886] ×2 Duke [4] ×1

Thrie [148961] Moderator Official
CHRISTMAS POEM

Write a topical poem about the past year in Torn. Doesn’t have to have a Christmas theme but it’d be nice if it did. Poem must contain a minimum of two stanzas and a maximum of eight - nobody wants to read the f**king Iliad.

[image: lh4.googleusercontent.com]

RULES
All entries must be submitted by 23:59:59 on the 1st of january 2020
All entries must include the player’s name, ID and the year
All entries must be your own work
You may not use entries from previous years
All entries must comply with the competition rules and Torn game rules or will be disqualified and will not be allowed to re-enter

Prizes (additional prizes where specified)
1st place: Gold ribbon + honor bar + 1,000 points + special gift
2nd place: Silver ribbon + 500 points + special gift
3rd place: Bronze ribbon + 250 points + special gift

The Staff member running this contest has no say in the winner, all winners are chosen by duke.
AncientRelic [2170855]
One day i joined a game,
I thought it would be fun,
Next moment i'm in hosp,
Someone named Duke mugged me.

Now i'm so addicted,
I play all day and night,
Pretty please don't attack me,
Unless you want a fight.

While you enjoy your Christmas,
Playing in the snow,
I'll be warm inside,
Enjoying Torn Christmas Town.
- 787WarSlayer [2170855] 2019
Graytower [2433105]
I made myself a shive.
As perfect as could be.
To prowl the snowy streets.
To look for my next mark.

Oh who do i next see.
A juicy target just for me ?
Bang! The sky is all I see.
Thrie then laughs at me.

Graytower [2433105] 2019

Mentions: Graytower [2433105]

Cuneiform [2433886]
I only registered this month but here it goes:


I could be anything I want a link on facebook told
but little did I know that an addiction would unfold.
I'm now a text based criminal, rich and mighty strong
I will play forever but I don't know for how long.

You'll find me at the hospital due to an overdose
while you can't mug me there when the doctor is so close
Racing in my car I will end up there soon too
If Christmas sucks then I will play and brother so should you.

Morphine keeps me in the streets looking for a fight
Candy makes me happy, it's truly a delight
Fly me over to Mexico, buy my Combat Pants
oh how I like the battle stats this hostile city grants.

Mug me and you'll find yourself on the Bounty List
You better repay Duke, you don't want to get him pissed
Be loyal to your faction, sister, just don't let them down
and don't forget to score some loot in the Christmas Town.

Cuneiform [2433886] - 2019

Mentions: Cuneiform [2433886]

KingFate [2278287]
This year has been crazy,
I felt like an old man,
and had Quackers call me a “Baby.”
Waiting on Christmas town
When I can make some money
Dec 13th, I loot a Pico
now isn’t that funny

Saved all year for my PI
But Spent Pico profits on stocks
still don’t really know why
I went from poor, to owning 3 blocks
But I still feel like a Poor old fart
Just sitting here
waiting on Christmas Town to START!
wolfie83222 [2380669]
as i walk down the street
I see a sweet treat,
as it pokes from the trash bin
I look around then dig in.

The treat is gone.
so I make my way down the gray street
sobbing over the treat.
mind you it's chrismas day I feel like
mugging is all I can say. I mug a noob
then laugh over the easy defete and relize,
this was my real treat.
wolfie83222 [2380669] 2019

Mentions: wolfie83222 [2380669]

Lucille [1556957]
Twas the night before Xmas Town,
Oh so boisterously loud in Torn City,
I was fed up of hearing the excitement,
So i Dirty Bombed the carolling blighters,
Falling over and crying from laughter,
Until i realised that in fact,
I had bombed Duke’s bloody Cat!

Lexa [1556957] 15/12/2019
PatBenatar [420347]

Lying in my hospital room watching all the festive players coming and going from the activities from mugging Scrooge to falling thru the ice, they all come and go quickly. Not I, I am targeted from the most evil Grinch himself to never to see the light of day is done far into the New Years.




I see the Xmas town all lit up and everyone is running around to get those last minute gifts. Far off above Xmas town, I see a bright red light coming towards my room. I hear a clatter on the roof, and see Duke coming down my deck railing. Hush Pat Duke has come to save your Holiday. Here, dear is a complete set of Duke's gear for my favorite Rock star. Always remember and never forget "LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD".


Keep the fight up, Duke will always love you!


PatBenatar[420347] 2019

Mentions: PatBenatar [420347]

Shoop [1326199]
Cruising torn in my 6 4,
searching the dump cause I’m hella poor.
Some mistletoe is what I find,
the fact it’s poisonous I don’t mind.

Last months dirty bombs set the tone,
couldn’t fly so I sat at home.
They made the stock market take a crash,
But at least this Christmas will be a blast!


Shoop [1326199] - 2019

Mentions: Shoop [1326199]

-Brian- [2423142]
I guess a flower's just good for loving,
but hei-ho, turned out it's selling!
Life here's uniquely appealing,
just like the full moon twirling.

Expecting fight I loaded my Enfield,
and walk down the harvested field,
and there stood George standing,
With his hands open, welcoming.

Better part is yet to come even,
like a pumpkin pie out of oven,
and there stood Duke with his money,
loaning people to buy some chimneys.

Guess I'll borrow some,
with Duke it looks worrisome,
but then immediately to him I say,
" Don't worry Duke, I'll pay ! "

- BrianTheo02 [2423142], 16 Dec 2019
KaiCantGame [2271472]
I wanted to find a new game to play,
Then i came across Torn one day.

I started in March,
It created a spark,
Like gambling for the first time.

Training and doing crimes,
I'm always in my prime.
Now I'm almost a reviver,
and a leader to trash divers.

Now it's Christmas and I'm thankful for my faction and the friends I have made,
Even though some are straight ho-ho-hos anyway.

Here's to my many more years of torn,
(But I'm still not paying for donator packs, it's like paying for porn).

~KaiCantGame [2271472] -2019

Mentions: KaiCantGame [2271472]

Mbpits [2158024]
There was once a man in red who promised to give head
But truth be told it was not all good,
For the red man was Duke and his present bleed,
So never trust the man in red and his promises in bed.

Merry christmas.

Mbpits [2158024] 2019

Mentions: Mbpits [2158024]

suchunhaerted [2440505]
i once had a dream
a pretty great dream might i add
but as the drugs entered my bloodstream
it all fell apart
i'm sorry dad
i said, as they drove me away in that cart

he couldn't hear me though
because of the rebuke
HE had given me
as they lowered me below
all i could think of was: remember kids
Don't f**k with the duke

- suchunhaerted [2440505]

Mentions: suchunhaerted [2440505]

Bluntforce1 [2393120]
I go thru the dump looking for Duke's Christmas cheer
and all that I find is one Christmas beer.

He said he would drop items of many all of things that I found i have plenty.

When I look on the forums I see Duke's newest post seems that I'm late few hours or so.

I'm glad to be able to be a new player on Torn even though when I post ref links people think its porn.

Bluntforce1
MikePence [2029670]
12 Days of Torn
By MikePence
(Shut up Thrie, my stanzas are short >.>)

On the 1st random day of Torn my Chedburn gave to me,
The ability to kick that f**ker Leslie in the throat!
They see me updating~
No one hating~

On the 2nd random day of Torn my Chedburn gave to me,
George Gooseberry gets sacked!
They see me updating~
No one hating~

On the 3rd random day of Torn my Chedburn gave to me,
Regretting bookie approval!
They see me updating~
R hating~

On the 4th random day of Torn my Chedburn gave to me,
My bank account just turned into crap!
They see me updating~
Bankers hating~

On the 5th random day of Torn my Chedburn gave to me,
A lot of talk on CT and none on Crimes 2.0!
They see me updating~
Old players hating~

On the 6th random day of Torn my Chedburn gave to me,
Mafia gets a bashing!
They see me updating~
(Unclear) hating~

On the 7th random day of Torn my Chedburn gave to me,
Omg why are there drugs on my territory!
They see me updating~
Small factions hating~

On the 8th random day of Torn my Chedburn gave to me,
Three wild cans appear!
They see me updating~
MikePence hating~

On the 9th random day of Torn my Chedburn gave to me,
Four wild polls appear!
They see me updating~
Traders hating~

On the 10th random day of Torn my Chedburn gave to me,
Directors finally discover that employees who don’t show up to work don’t make money!
They see me updating~
MMCP hating~

On the 11th random day of Torn my Chedburn gave to me,
Captcha bypassers bite the dust!
They see me updating~
Cheaters hating~

On the 12th random day of Torn my Chedburn gave to me,
No one’s effective stats are private!
They see me updating~
Everyone hating~

Thanks for reading
MikePence
Cbgurl [2340448]
For me the game has only just begun
But has already given me hours and hours of fun
I try to lay low and do the right thing
But so many distractions keep me from the gains the gym would bring

So much to learn, so many ways to play
Adding to that is this poem contest I found today
Please TORN don’t make me beg and don’t be a tease
Be kind to a noob this Christmas and I’ll be grateful….pretty please!
iribuya [2103695]
The air in the city was thick
Last think I remember is a flying brick

It went straight for my head
Then I woke up in a hospital bed

After some meds I walked out with a smile
Luckily healthcare is free in a city so hostile

Now back to the gym
Or next to use a vicodin
BlueFish [2154115]
Christmas is Coming Parody

Christmas Torn is coming, and Duke's already fat,
Please give your Big, Boxes of Chocolate, to the trash!
If you too tight for that, then a box of tissues will do....
So the dude that picks them up, has something to cry in to :p

Christmas Torn is coming, and Scrooge is IV at 11.43.
Please equip a smoke grenade then, join the group attack!
If you're all out of e, buy some Rockstar Ruldoph an' use for 25e......
If you can't afford that, well then that sucks for you :p


Merry Christmas One and All.......Enjoy Christmas Torn :) It is the most wonderful time of year!
Blue_Warrior [2154115]
2019