186 replies · 2.32k views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:187 / 187 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
187
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
41 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
84 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
DedeSiregar[2430598]
· 27 likes · Yes so they can sell theirown coffee beans and supply to restaurants and hotels instead working under minimum pay or become begars. Or like some of my roasting students: poor farmers. Instead having their raw coffee beans being bought for …
Proxima[1879587]Wiki Editor
· 18 likes · Gotta make sure you bankrupt the right cancer survivors.. *chants* USA..USA..USA...
Kleb[2016895]
· 17 likes · *Re- something: Special education
Intelligence for an insurance company. Not as exciting as it sounds.
I also do accounting work for a small nonprofit that builds homes for extremely impoverished individuals in 3rd world countries, do personal tax work, and occasionally manual labor type jobs locally. (Stump removal, mulch church flower beds, mow graveyards, etc.)
30% of my job is just reconciling premiums and making sure the respective commissions got paid correctly. Health insurance is the f'ing wild west here in the US, a lot of room for error.
Right now I work as a PCB tech (printed circuit boards) Its just the owner and I so I basically run the whole process. I dont get paid enough though so im leaving 2020
i mean its all based on income here. Having a baby costs money, unless your household makes 35g a year (like us) then it was totally free. An ambulance ride always costs money. I have a friend who needs constant mdication for some sort of genetic kidney disease, she is trapped in a job refusing promotion because she would lose coverage for her needed medication (which is very expensive) so the current system is KEEPING her poor to qualify for the benefits.
Edit: I dont wanna hijack the thread into a conversation about the health care system XD
It's not as costly as it looks like. I read something written by someone who works in the "bills-or-whatever" department of a hospital, and they always give a suggested bill that the patient can easily lower. There are high price maximums (by law) for many medical services, but the bill is a suggested price and not a final price. Most, if not all bills have items above what is legal, but they are free to suggest whatever price they want. I also know of a guy who simply said he had no health insurance and could not afford the bill, they cut his bill by somewhere around 90% just from that.