Must I randomly wait for one of my piss poor level E cars to place to receive points for upgrades? Will I receive points for coming in either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd? After almost ten races with a variety of class E cars I’ve yet to place above 4th. Ughh any help would be surely appreciated! Thanks
Racing Points
Started by Goatshoes999 [2428286] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 8
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 62 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 31 / 100
- Engagement score
- 53 / 100
You get 3 points for first, 2 points for seconds and 1 point for third
I think the mechanic has a special that lets your turn job points into racing points so that's another way to get some without racing
But yes the main way to get points is to place top 3 for races
I think the mechanic has a special that lets your turn job points into racing points so that's another way to get some without racing
But yes the main way to get points is to place top 3 for races
Moving to Question and Answers so others can use this to reference if they have the same question.
You don't want to use upgrade points in Class E anyway. See
Mentions: TORN Racing FAQ - Baldr
Just have a go at it and use racing skills to advance
Every time you race your RS increases regardless of your finishing position.
Just keep on racing and eventually you will start to win some.
Remember that when you join an official race you are matched to racers like yourself.
It is literally a matter of just being patient. And yes, I wouldn't bother spending points in class E. Maybe a strip-out but no more.
Just keep on racing and eventually you will start to win some.
Remember that when you join an official race you are matched to racers like yourself.
It is literally a matter of just being patient. And yes, I wouldn't bother spending points in class E. Maybe a strip-out but no more.
I followed Baldr's guide to racing (thought I linked to it above, sorry). It worked exactly as advertised: each class took less time than the one before. Once I reached Class A, I readily won 250 races and now am on the long slog to 10 Racing Skill.
I did hold back some points - which I needed to make repairs after crashing.
I did hold back some points - which I needed to make repairs after crashing.