Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Racing Points

Started by Goatshoes999 [2428286] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 176 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
Goatshoes999 [2428286]
Must I randomly wait for one of my piss poor level E cars to place to receive points for upgrades? Will I receive points for coming in either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd? After almost ten races with a variety of class E cars I’ve yet to place above 4th. Ughh any help would be surely appreciated! Thanks
themainman [1629262]
You get 3 points for first, 2 points for seconds and 1 point for third

I think the mechanic has a special that lets your turn job points into racing points so that's another way to get some without racing

But yes the main way to get points is to place top 3 for races
Thrie [148961] Moderator Official
Moving to Question and Answers so others can use this to reference if they have the same question.
ToxicMonkeyMZC [712861]
Every time you race your RS increases regardless of your finishing position.

Just keep on racing and eventually you will start to win some.

Remember that when you join an official race you are matched to racers like yourself.

It is literally a matter of just being patient. And yes, I wouldn't bother spending points in class E. Maybe a strip-out but no more.
DaDood [2204689]
I followed Baldr's guide to racing (thought I linked to it above, sorry). It worked exactly as advertised: each class took less time than the one before. Once I reached Class A, I readily won 250 races and now am on the long slog to 10 Racing Skill.

I did hold back some points - which I needed to make repairs after crashing.