Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

In the Beginning

Started by Krastinov [1542326] on in General Discussion.

42 replies · 680 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
43
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Test Dummy #3 [1500003] ×1

Krastinov [1542326]
What did you think of Torn in your very 1st. Week ?
Who helped you at first ?
Did you understand what to do ?
Did you find the first missions from George complicated ?
How long did it take you to understand the basics ?

Share some funny and not so funny first moments.

Cheers !
Runalf [2047589]
* What the f**k is this.
* Lingering Insanity
* Yes, with the help of above.
* No
* Basics? Few weeks. But still learning.

Not so funny moment: grinding till I got finally like 70 mil, put it in the bookie to keep it safe... forgot about it and lost it.
Its just 70 mil, but in the beginning 70 mil was a lot for me.
A_Mean_Person [1631303]
1) It looked like something decent to do between hattrick's games and while runescape loaded a new part of the map. (my internet back then was epic)

2) There wasn't really many people that could help, since we (the bunch of PT's that joined the game coming from Hattrick) all arrived nearly at the same time. It was more a sharing of know how other than help really.

3) Well there wasn't that much to do, train, do crimes and get a faction to fight for nothing, still in the big picture much like now without as many useless time fillers.

4) George hadn't been born yet. I can't actually remember when where the missions introduced but i'm almost certain there wasn't any when i first started.

5) It depends on what are the basics, if the basics are train and do crimes, really not long, if you mean do crimes effectively without going to jail a ton of times (although this would latter have been handy on the dex exploit... i mean feature) and having useful battle stats and not a single whored stat, then it might have taken a few years.
Kata [1990396]
I thought it was too complicated and I could get in too much trouble on it so I logged out and didn't log back in for like 6 months.

Nath helped me a lot when I started.

I had no idea what I was doing, but my main goal was to get people to know who I am.

I don't remember the George missions seeming complicated at all - except maybe finding ammo.

It didn't take that long to figure out the basics, but I know I annoyed Nath with my lack of commitment. He would flip out when I didn't log in for like 20 hours or if I failed at leveling for like 2 months. lol
Sevro [2322260]
1. This game is slow as shit.
2. No one my first week, then I joined Penguins (kudos to Skipper/Kowalski/Zurich/Father_of_5, these guys helped me get rolling)
3. Nope, and still don't according to some
4. Nope
5. Basics were simple, min/maxing took some time
KarmaCop [365532]
1st week was boring af.

I didn't know how to find other players.

There was no chat.

Didn't bother with Forums as back then it was all boring and anal and ruled with an Iron Fist by staff on some psycho power-trip.

No DP so it took 3 weeks for my Energy Bar to fill, so yeah. Torn was shit @ lvl 1 13 years ago.

- KC
Krastinov [1542326]
I remember that my prime goal was to get a drivers licence. I thought i could drive around the city like gta...haha...
iribuya [2103695]
What did you think of Torn in your very 1st. Week ?
After the rush of beginner missions I had absolutely nothing to do. All i could hope for was earn enough money with crimes to buy a apartment....I almost gave up but then I started reading some guides to earn money. Sold some losses and made an "insane" amount of beginner money instad of $9 per Search for Cash.

Who helped you at first ?
Ceb introduced me to my in game partner (Asterisk) who trusted me enough to live in his PI and have acces to the vault.

Did you understand what to do ?
I had no clue the first days, but Baldrs guide and some others where insanly helpfull

Did you find the first missions from George complicated ?
It's not that long ago, but I honestly dont remember at all what the mission were

How long did it take you to understand the basics ?
A week and then I started to understand it. Got my first faction, my first income ideas and soon a beginning was made on my trading empire

Share some funny and not so funny first moments
Funny: Asking in beginners chat if it was normal to have mugged an inactive from my missions for $16k and thinking that I had hit the jackpot of mug targets. Sad: Getting mugged myself for $150k when selling stuff in my newly purchased bazaar.
Monday [2402913]
I made a lot of enemies and mistakes starting out.

After living in the hospital for being a stupid noob I created my shitty art business and now its happily ever after.
Penetration [2340613]
First week was easy, as a restart I had a solid grasp on almost everything in the game, even though I took a long break from it.

Funny moment was when I was put in Fed marked for permanent deletion. Figured out who my friends were and who gave up on me pretty quick, then came back.
Mary [2161411]
I did well my first week, sold bounty slots a lot, and also a nice player gave me a WSSB bb, then after i paid him back, he gave me 100m.
Kuro [1958127]
What did you think of Torn in your very 1st. Week ?
Who helped you at first ?
Did you understand what to do ?
Did you find the first missions from George complicated ?
How long did it take you tounderstand the basics ?

Perfect game to pass time during finals week. It seemed very interesting.

There was someone I met on here- Louis De Pointe? Not sure if he still plays, was known a bit among forums as some Vampire troll/helper depending on who's reading. He helped quite a bit. Then I met meanmike and he pretty much explained what torn is. Minus the forum drama, he wasn't big on forums back then xD

After a couple weeks yes.

No I didn't find George missions hard, just time constrained. There was this one point, a couple months into the game, in a faction which was called JFB when missions finally released, the ones we see today, and with it a new merit for completing George's beginner missions. Most of us birdies in the faction just got it, the only one who didn't was our leader at the time- Kinzove. The way he raged over doing 3 nerve crimes to earn 200 dollars was beyond hilarious. Just a little bit of nostalgia of those newbie days.