I'm sure he meant he was just going to wish ED well irl. /sarcasm
And I was saying threatened to harass him. Not threatened him. Threatening to post on someone's real life social media - someone you obviously don't like in the game - is taking harassment outside of the realms of Torn and is just BS whether or not he gets in trouble for it.
Like I said, the first time I was willing to look past it - emotions were high, Sharkey got a bit out of hand. Was shitty, but people make mistakes. But then to just go back and do it again?
If you don’t want someone commenting on your Facebook profile, I’m sure Facebook has tools in place to block someone.
I didn’t exactly want Dude dm’ing me out of the blue with his random accusations and death threats, and as such he is now blocked. Same with Nova, randomly dm’ing me on Discord and now blocked.
My point is how can you determine what someone will do, and to what extent based on the fact that they said they will comment on their Facebook page.
Like I have said before, if the comment has actually been posted AND contains threats in anyway... then your point stands.
I think I might also copy and paste this post to message you on Facebook with it now. :)
Edit: Downvote Dudley is on the rampage! Go for it Dude!
You're telling people things they dont want to hear....again. #whytho? XD
manic[1554958] · #47
I believe Sharkey was punished for that and served his time.
The reason why ED is fed at this moment was that he not once but a couple time has put up his password (or at least a may have, I have no idea if it is or he was trolling). Either way it's a stupid thing to do given how this information could be potentially used IF it was his password.
I've no axe to grind with you Kata, but this does seem like a grasp for karma at the expense of Sharkey/ED and is a poor show.
And here's your glorious Community Manager - hard at work. Editing and fedding ED (who is legitimately the victim here imo) and only forum banning Sharkey.[/size][/b]
I love how people keep saying I'm trying to get karma when most of the time (like I mentioned earlier) I hardly get any for these types of "news" posts.
Most of my karma comes from my games or "discussion" posts or TCN.
Edit: Adding that generally these threads actually hurt my karma ratio, because I end up posting a bunch in them with little karma given to the posts. I like posting stuff that happens in the game because I like the game. It's a break from the monotony when something happens and people want to talk about it - I enjoy seeing people's responses and I enjoy people getting excited about something in the game.
The reason why ED is fed at this moment was that he not once but a couple time has put up his password (or at least a may have, I have no idea if it is or he was trolling). Either way it's a stupid thing to do given how this information could be potentially used IF it was his password.
Which is what bogie said so you are just pushing for drama at this point.
Much easier to fed the spazing out ed instead of roll back all his cash and items getting sent out if he was "hacked"
The fedding of ED is kind of irrelevant to the point, the account has to be suspended while an investigation is undertaken into why his password is being plastered over public spaces.
It was insinuated. He knows who ED is irl and wants him to know it. I'm no great fan of either gentleman and I'm not happy with the troll culture that the game encourages in GD, but there is a line that they shouldn't cross. Don't bring RL into it.
Bringing real life into the game is something that we have done and will always consider harassment and is taken seriously by Torn. When a person has had their account suspended for discussions about this then it's fairly ridiculous to see them continuing down this route.
ED's account is suspended as a formality as anyone's would be when potentially posting account details (See similar to when Destroy's account was temporarily held for similar - trolling or not - we take that seriously for account security purposes to ensure that anyone operating an account is the original owner for fairness sake), upon verification this can just be released, and his comments themselves then dealt with separately.
As mentioned, sharkey was held in federal jail for a duration that was largely up to him, to acknowledge that his actions were inappropriate or face lengthy bans should it continue. Obviously he has failed to drop this subject he was instructed to avoid and as a result for the time being, pending anything further coming to light, has had his forum and chat privileges suspended permanently per the terms of this arrangement. Obviously if someone cannot be trusted to drop a subject of this nature in public then it's up to us to remove that ability for him.
For those who remember the situation with UE this is much the same there, however he continued this despite these suspensions, if the same happens here and it goes beyond this kind of harassment within Torn then such players would be removed from Torn entirely as they have been in the past.
For those who are calling for deletion I can absolutely see where you are coming from here, however this decision is presently the one I stand by, regardless of how many pitch forks are pointed in a person's direction, but it is certainly not off the table entirely.
Wow just a forum ban for threatening to message ED on his facebook cause he chooses to ignore his BS on TORN. SMFH. DIdn't they just release sharkey from fed for IRL harrassment? This man has no shame
Do you really want to die on this hill and get your friends fedded? cause I'm sure some people would love to re put their reports in if they knew it was going to do something.
I know why ED is in fed - my point is that it's shitty that he felt like he needed to do that - to stop playing his account because of being worried about what another player will do outside of the game.
So the victim ends up shit on and in fed and the person that did something stupid ends up just forum banned. It's not much of a deterrent for harassment outside the game is it?