Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Past player question

Started by AiteShadow [1702059] on in General Discussion.

52 replies · 1.23k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 53 / 53 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
53
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

PatBenatar [420347] ×2 Batman [984129] ×2 Quacks [2] ×1 Faction 366 ×1 Faction 8336 ×1 Amy_Rose [120351] ×1 Lord3Infamous6 [215545] ×1

PatBenatar [420347]
If I remember correctly DirtyRockStar was involved with Quack-gate where a old admin used his powers to pad DirtyRockStars account with 1000s of DPs and other items before leaving the game. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Quacks [2]

Mentions: Quacks [2]

AiteShadow [1702059]
I vaguely remember an article in the newspaper where rockstar was interviewed and something about their return being a surprise.

I was barely active at the time and my memory has suffered greatly.
CRLF [2095076]
I think you still have the name wrong. This person didn't play very long.

EDIT: never mind, this is an underscore, you had a dash. I don't have that name listed.
NumIDplayernameplayeragelevelrankUsrRoletotal_durationtotal_unitsstatus_descrstatus_details
1597213Dirty_Rockstar29651Absolute beginner DeserterCivilian2965daysIn federal jail permanentlyAccount marked for deletion
PatBenatar [420347]
This was not the original account the other one was a level 70ish. Found a post to back my statement up.



[Vote} Greatest Torn Player of All Time


R*1 Batman

    • Batman[984129]
    • Role:Civilian
    • Level:100
    • Posts:4835
    • Karma:9971
    • Last Action:40 minutes
    View this thread in the General Discussion forum

    Posted on 14:34:06 - 03/05/16

    You mean the same dirtyrockstar that would get insane amounts of money for free from Quacks?


    Mentions: Batman [984129] · Monarch HQ [8336] · [Vote} Greatest Torn Player of All Time

    CRLF [2095076]
    ok, checked for older level 70-79 players who were fedded and who only have an ID number for a name. Only found three and none of them matched.

    Any other info? Roughly when they started playing, whether fedded or not, last time anyone saw them online, etc?
    PatBenatar [420347]
    The account survived the pre 420XXX crash, that account helped all new players that was deleted due to the crash. My account was deleted so the ID was older than the 420XXX series.

    The info you seek would be in the first few pages of the old forums since the crash destroyed the one from the start. The restart information forums will have DRS all over since it was the account in charged of helping displaced players.

    Any information you need can be found here- https://www.torn.com/old_forums.php
    Chit [1380260]
    I've never heard this story before, and assuming since it's PatBenatar saying it...I'll say it's wrong until someone with actual credibility chimes in.


    Dirty-Rockstar was the original forum giver of justice. Bounties didn't exist and she'd issue out the hospings herself. Surprisingly more effective than it is nowadays, she was actually feared by noobs below their stats.


    As for the question, Dirty-Rockstar ran another game and left one day to run it I assume. I remember him her mentioning it casually, but never the name of it.
    PatBenatar [420347]
    I found a post from 2007

    Feb 2007 Torn Crash


    eVø PatBenatar

      • PatBenatar[420347]
      • Role:Civilian
      • Level:98
      • Posts:5658
      • Karma:3264
      • Last Action:Now
      View this thread in the General Discussion forum

      Thread created on 15:22:05 - 22/09/14

      Feb 2007
      http://www.torn.com/old_forums.php?forumID=1&ID=1053459&start=0#1053459


      The anniversary is coming fast of the most horrible day in Torn history, the day the server crashed all accounts were backed up one month. Those accounts that were made within the time frame were deleted/lost. All moneys/properties/items and pets were gone forever. Feb 2007 the accounts that were saved, lost the same, but their accounts were saved.

      Ched vowed it would never happen again, and so far he has kept his word. I appreciate that. We all think about the trivial bugs we have been experiencing but remember it could be way worse.

      Now for the discussion of this post, how many accounts that were deleted have rejoined and remained active. I know 2 people that is still active and that is it of all of the restarts, I know there has to be more, I would love to hear your stories please share if you were deleted or not and what did you lose in the crash. I will start:



      I was the unlucky ones that had my account deleted, I was nuts over dogs, I had compiled a incredible fighting team of Rotties and made my first millions in the first few weeks of my existence. I had just bought my Ranch at that time a newbie with a Ranch was unheard of. I had a group of friends I brought from another game who would help me set up fixed fights weekly. We made millions quick, I had dogs spread all over the place with my buddies. I met my current hubby during this time as well Lord3Infamous6 [215545] He told me I was wasting my energy on dogs and I needed to find a fix or I would never have a decent account. I found a farm(company) for sale, I snatched it up and had all my buddies join and for the special we got free E for pet care. We were set.

      The Crash took place, everything we had worked for was lost. The dogs were dead. my house/company was gone, my money was gone. I was devastated. I got a nice message (email) from staff saying to come back and it would never happen again.

      My account was re-created and I contacted everyone I could from my buddies list. I went to the forums to find answers since nobody said nothing when I restarted about my items that was lost.

      I found a posting from a person called Dirty-Rockstar who prior to the crash was one of the worse newbie haters there was, but she was in charge of the lets help the crash victims with money etc...
      She hated dogs too, I asked her all I wanted was a new start for a breeding pair of rotties and I could earn the rest. That was all she wrote. Not only did I get my dogs back, I earned my farm, I earned my Ranch back and my account was stronger than before.

      So yes it sucked but had it not been for the crash, 2nd time around my account was solid and better for it.
      Thank you Bogie for digging up the old post.


      Mentions: Lord3Infamous6 [215545] · PatBenatar [420347] · Evolution [366] · Feb 2007 Torn Crash