Honestly, I don't really hide Torn, but rather just don't talk about it much. It never comes up in my day-to-day interactions with people at all lol. If someone did ask me though, I'd be happy to talk about Torn, but of course I'd keep it to a minimum unless the person/people who ask(s) is/are interested in playing or play already.
Torn? Do you hide it
Started by Superior- [2131856] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 108 / 108 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I don't hide it but it's not really something that would come up in normal conversation. Most people probably haven't got a clue what a text based RPG game even is, Torn is one of the only ones I've ever seen.
I dont wanna hide it so in our office I put up a price list and some guide on happy jump when I was new to torn city. Then my boss saw it, saying "Are you a drug addict, drug pusher? Why do you have this crap and erotic dvd?!", so I showed him the game.
Now he is playing this game. Hi boss, hope you see this.
Now he is playing this game. Hi boss, hope you see this.
Hell no! I sing it from the rooftops in hopes someone will save me from it because I know I won't. :P
I tell everyone about Torn. All my friends know I play, ive tried getting some of them to play but none of em
lasted more than a week. They are just in awe how Im still playing almost 10 years later. I Love Torn and Im not Ashamed of it. I even ask friends of friends or people i meet and have never talked to before if they have ever heard of Torn City or Play.
lasted more than a week. They are just in awe how Im still playing almost 10 years later. I Love Torn and Im not Ashamed of it. I even ask friends of friends or people i meet and have never talked to before if they have ever heard of Torn City or Play.
No, I don't hide it. I even tried explaining it to my IRL boss but I don't think he quite understands it, we keep having conversations like this
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
I would strongly advice both off you to stop smoking crack
i hide it because i cant muster enough energy to explain to my friends and family what a text game is.
I actively recruit my friends. How else am I going to get those dam merits.....
No, they need to share >.>
I only hide it when I am at work. But it's always there
Fortunately for me I am "The IT Guy" :'D
When I mentioned it to someone at work, he couldn't understand how a game like this can be addictive... oh... little does he know..
Fortunately for me I am "The IT Guy" :'D
When I mentioned it to someone at work, he couldn't understand how a game like this can be addictive... oh... little does he know..
okay what about the torn related chats tho
Lol! I tried to explain it a few times.
“It’s a crime game.”
”A crime game? Like what? You commit crimes?”
”sometimes. Well, yes everyday I try to use up two crime bars.”
“crime bars? Is that where you drink and share your crime stories?”
”no it’s the amount of nerve I have that tells me I’m able to commit crimes.”
”it’s a crime game but you have to have permission to do crimes?”
”well no, just the nerve to actually accomplish the crimes. The game limits how much nerve you have and how much you can get so you can only do as many crimes as you have nerve. The more you do the better your nerve gets.”
”what kind of crimes do you do?”
”well I do arsons mostly. There are all kinds of crimes though, but I won’t do murder. That just seems too much.”
“You play a crime game where you make believe you will commit crimes like burn down buildings but you won’t kill someone?”
”well I’ll beat people up and mug them but that’s not something that takes nerve. It takes energy and you have to have better stats than who you are attacking in order to get them.”
“So beating them up and taking money from them is okay in your book, but no killing them even though it’s make believe.”
”I’m a gentle criminal. I keep my morals. Life is precious!”
“It’s a crime game.”
”A crime game? Like what? You commit crimes?”
”sometimes. Well, yes everyday I try to use up two crime bars.”
“crime bars? Is that where you drink and share your crime stories?”
”no it’s the amount of nerve I have that tells me I’m able to commit crimes.”
”it’s a crime game but you have to have permission to do crimes?”
”well no, just the nerve to actually accomplish the crimes. The game limits how much nerve you have and how much you can get so you can only do as many crimes as you have nerve. The more you do the better your nerve gets.”
”what kind of crimes do you do?”
”well I do arsons mostly. There are all kinds of crimes though, but I won’t do murder. That just seems too much.”
“You play a crime game where you make believe you will commit crimes like burn down buildings but you won’t kill someone?”
”well I’ll beat people up and mug them but that’s not something that takes nerve. It takes energy and you have to have better stats than who you are attacking in order to get them.”
“So beating them up and taking money from them is okay in your book, but no killing them even though it’s make believe.”
”I’m a gentle criminal. I keep my morals. Life is precious!”
This is perfect :'D I generally don't try to explain it, easier to show them.
Your boss sounds fun :O
Not necessarily "hide" but it's not really something I bring up. Like my brother, he had his account first like I guess since he was 14 or 15 and when we were in our 20s I decided to finally join on. So he obviously knows about my account. But outside of him only my best friend knows. She only found out about it cause she came over while I was on teamspeak with Mat and Kulde...probably Blue too...
We need to go on teamspeak together babe
I blow people behind a dumpster to raise money for DP’s. They ask why Im working so hard.
I tell them because I have a family Im supporting. Really. Im trying to earn money for Torn.
I tell them because I have a family Im supporting. Really. Im trying to earn money for Torn.
No. It's a game. Tons of people play games, even in public. It's a way to kill time.