Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Free API driven price list-Updated- deleted

Started by Grif [882958] on in Tools & Userscripts.

46 replies · 3.43k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 47 / 47 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

BASTARD [2229125]
Awesome sheet R+
Can you make a google sheet trade calculator too?
So based on what is put in trade copy paste that to google sheets and let it calculate the total value of the trade.
Grif [882958]
some items dont have an average market value as they are not sold often enough, in that case, youd be best mannually adding them
House923 [2339859]
This isn't working since the update. It gives an error saying "api disabled" on the Sheet 10 that actually fetches the api data.

I'm assuming the update changed something that I need to fix?

Update: Deleting and re-adding the sheet seemed to fix it for some reason. It was a bit of a hassle, but it works now.
Fitzy [1354993]
Fitzys Price Sheet

Here's the price sheet I made, although I'm having a problem that whenever I go off my computer the the images and prices stop working, and I have to then go back into the spreadsheet and go to the publish setting and then it seems to work again...

Any solutions for this?

Besides that it's a great spreadsheet, and I'll definitely be leaving a nice tip if my trading takes off
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
While I do think this is a great alternative to my (and others) spreadsheets, it isn't good for my business xD

Besides a not too nice looking layout, there is a big problem: api key security.
Just hiding the sheet and making it view only is not enough (don't believe me? give me link to one that is protected and I will give you the key, if it yours). There are ways to bypass this, but it might give other problems or a lot more work to set it up.
Father [2131687]
I don't do any business in game and I definitely don't sell my code, so gonna ignore the first bit.

But Yup, API security is definitely an issue the way this one is implemented. That's why in the Spreadsheets that are shared with others, you should never put the code using Spreadsheet as the container. Instead write a standalone script and connect it to Spreadsheet using

SpreadsheetApp.openById("xxxx");



and include the API in code.

Other than that the only problem I have with it is the use of "importJSON" function. I mean getting JSON to sheet manually by using this library is so easy and way more customisable.
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
In this case, that is not the solution, because a big part of the configuration will always be in the spreadsheet itself. It will solve the api key, if done properly, but there is an easier way to do it.

But lets be honest here, I'm not telling this to get it fixed but to warn the users that there is a huge security flaw. Yes, only people who know quite a bit of spreadsheets will find it, but I'd say that even 1 random person (=me) is enough to call it a problem.