This amazes me,.o mean he is younger than most people Actually playing the game....
On to making my own text base game
Wish me luck
Ched inspired me
Yepp. I totally believed he was that elderly man in his profile album lol
I was fooled too I thought Chedburn was retired and started the game as fun.
On the other hand, he’s done an amazing job for someone so young. There’s a lot of competition in text games and to keep it successful for over 10 years is amazing.
Joe Chedburn
the man, the myth, the legendps: please take me off ignore Ched
[image: i.imgur.com]
who is this Ched?
was just reminiscing about playing Castle Wolfenstein on a TRS 80...
Ched is the man behind the curtain.
Didn’t know ched was a Dorset man. Oi oi
Tbh, legend.
Mentions:
I Hate Mr and Ms Torn
I feel like if this was true, the functions of Xanax and Speed would be switched in game :P
And yes that's a big shout out to the big cheese himself, thanks for all the lulz,best game eva:)
There you have it. People named Joe are awesome.
Who is Joe Chedburn? Its a question that has wandered my mind like it has wandered yours. Like you I tried finding information about him on the internet, now I am no Tech-Wizard and like you my single tool was google. I googled all possible phrases that came to my mind "joe chedburn" , "chedburn torn" , "torn joe", "how you doin Torn" ; but after all that all I found were the same old articles you all have already read. At this point I decided to take the only option I had. I decided to imagine Joe Chedburn.
It all began in a wheat farm like it always does. Classic Jazz music playing in the background. We see a Young boy 16-17 years of age running towards the golden sunset.
A man's Voice is heard - *Joe ! Where are you Joe?*
He stops in his tracks . Looks behind, straight into the camera and smiles. As he smiles we see that his two front teeth are missing probably a due to some childhood accident that will not be revealed untill the next part.
"Here Papa" he calls out with a child like enthusiasm usually missing in teens of his age.
The man enters the frame. He is a tall man , built like a bodybuilder. If we were to delve in his past we would surely assume he was once a wrestler but we won't do that. With his long and burly wrestler like arms he picks Young Joe Chedburn and throws him in the air . Twin laughs are heard , each emanating from each man as they whirl in joy.
Scene Changes. Its midnight . Joe is sound asleep.
TO BE CONTINUED...
i would go on a limb and say that this doesnt look like "Working on crimes 2.0"
wasn't there a torn city times article about why he started making torn?
I always imagine him like Basil in Fawlty Towers when it comes to customer service. Very English and with strong opinions. He seems to have mellowed out a bit lately though, I liked him better when he was more edgy.
When was Torn first launched? If early 2k, then makes sense. Early 2k, RPG RTS text base games were trending.
What I admire from Admin ched is dedication. All games like this afaik have changed ownership once or few times. Only ched and fog who don't sell their games so far. Fog died tho.
Edit: grammar check
You will make more money by making Sultan alike game and advertise it in facebook. If you see HOF number 1 nw guy, you will see Torn makes a lot less money than those games.
Torn launched late 2004, not really "early" 2000s, but early enough to catch the trend train.